PDA

View Full Version : Feel like my time is up!!!

Eggy
22-11-10, 15:22
Things are getting even worse for me at the moment, I am feeling more and more unwell, It does genuinely feel like i have a serious disease or illness or that i am actually dying even though i am only in my 20's.

My symptoms are now:-

Mild/Severe abdominal pain in the lower & upper abdomen which is sometimes under my stomach and in my sides and lower back.

Pain in the neck and inbetween my shoulder blades.

Headaches.

More dizziness.

Feeling more tired and drowsy and out of it.

Increasingly bad memory.

A lot of tingling especially in my arms and hands and fingertips.

General aches and pains.

Feeling sick.

Chest discomfort.

Shortness of breath.

Sometimes i get blurred vision.

Feeling faint.

And lots more.

allergyphobia
22-11-10, 15:43
eggy, i see you are on meds and you're getting lots of tests, but are you getting any therapy at all?

suzy-sue
22-11-10, 17:48
Seems like the same complaints again Eggy ..Anxiety .I would ask if you could get some cbt if I were you chuck .It will take a while but the quicker you get your name down the quicker you will get it .How you getting on with your cipralex ? and when do you start getting b12 injections .These will hopefully lessen the anxiety and also help with the above symptoms . sue x

sammi
22-11-10, 17:51
Aw Eggy you aren't dying darling :) you will be fine I agree some therapy maybe good for you. X

eva82
23-11-10, 04:57
I get all that and more, and can agree with the others that it is all related to your anxious state about your health. I have had so many tests done because like you, I also believed my time was up. You should really listen to the others and think about therapy...I truly believe it would help you out a lot. Stay strong!

eeyorelover
23-11-10, 05:07
Things are getting even worse for me at the moment, I am feeling more and more unwell, It does genuinely feel like i have a serious disease or illness or that i am actually dying even though i am only in my 20's.

Mild/Severe abdominal pain in the lower & upper abdomen which is sometimes under my stomach and in my sides and lower back.
Lower and upper abdominal pain could be due to anxiety. I have IBS and gas discomfort from anxiety.
The lower back could be because of anxiety or could be you aren't taking in enough water.

This could be muscular from tension (anxiety symptom)
Headaches.
Anxiety symptom
More dizziness.
Anxiety symptom
Anxiety symptom
Increasingly bad memory.
Anxiety symptom
Anxiety symptom
General aches and pains.
Anxiety symptom
Feeling sick.
Anxiety symptom
Chest discomfort.
Anxiety symptom
Shortness of breath.
Anxiety symptom. Try to concentrate on taking a deep breathe for every 3 for a time. This helped me tremendously!
Anxiety symptom
Feeling faint.
Anxiety symptom
And lots more.

I've had all of these symptoms and then some ;)
Have you gone back to your doctor?
Have you spoken to him/her about whether or not he/she thinks you are suffering with anxiety?
You really should try to work on a plan to help with these symptoms whether it be meds, therapy, or a combination.
xxx
Sandy

Vixxy
23-11-10, 10:02
Eggy, how much of your day do you spend anxious?

PokerFace
23-11-10, 10:24
Funny thing happend to me yesterday! I was stressing myself silly over running out of my beta blockers and I felt AWFUL. I'd had about 5 hours sleep in 3 days, I was nauseous, my chest hurt badly, my heart felt like it was beating out my chest, I had pressure running up my face/head which felt like something was crawling under my face, pins and needles and numerous other nasty things.

I was just sitting feeling sad/panicky and convincing myself I was about to die then my doctor rang me up, put my prescription through and I was instantly calmer! Most my symptoms cleared up in about an hour or 2 after I stopped winding myself up. All that was cuz I'd been winding myself up for 3 days solid and you seem to be highly anxious a lot of the time so I can imagine how awful you feel, but yesterday for me was living proof that most if not ALL the horrible symptoms people keep telling us are anxiety...really are! x

Anxious_gal
23-11-10, 15:28
low b12 can cause all those symptoms too.
I have been researching it online, so i think you should chase up getting the injections, it takes a few injections before you see any improvement.
at least then you will have a better idea of what is just anxiety and what is caused by low b12.

yes therapy is always good if your open to it.

JaneC
23-11-10, 16:39
I could put a tick at most of those symptoms Eggy, and I've had most of them for a very long time but I'll be 50 in six months so I wouldn't take them as a sign that you're on your way out. As Mishel says, get your injections sorted and you will have a better idea of what's what.

joannap
24-11-10, 20:59
i do know where eggy is coming from - he must be very confused over whether he has a phsyical condition causing his symptoms or anxiety AND a physical condition especially since he has found out he is low on b12 - he is probably thinking what else is wrong with me.

i had an over active thyroid last year that mimicked anxiety in every which way - i thought i was having a relapse and was so surprised there was a physical cause so i would hate for anyone to have to eat humble pie!

having said that - eggy - all of symptoms can be anxiety related and i do remember reading you have been on anti depresssants before and so are a nervy type lol like the rest of us. a lack of b12 can make you feel very rough - you may feel tons better when your injections are under way and i am sure if the doctors thought you had anything serious - they would be having you in for tests straight away.

i had my endoscopy a few weeks ago - i have mild reflux/inflammation - my digestive symptoms were so bad i convinced myself i had something terminal so it is amazing how even when our bodies are a little out of balance - we can feel like we are dying but i am 100% convinced you are not! x

scaredstiff695
24-11-10, 21:06
aaww hun i get all your symptoms and many more id have to relise when m getting my symptoms like now. im scared stif of sleeping and at this time of day my symptoms get worse that i believe im dying and that thats it kiss the kids goodbye. xx BUT if you have suffered a while try and thing of it logical (i no easier said than done hun) its hard going i try everynight. try and think whats bothering you and why you think your getting your symptoms etc.

I find when im anxious my sis helps i will text her explaining the way i feeling and hy i think that im feeling that way it really does help to talk hun.

I started seeing a amazing councillior only seen her three times and shes not cbt related but it does help x im due to start cbt soon and i cant wait for the lifeline xx

you will be allright hun you really will xx

matthew33
27-11-10, 00:24

Headaches.

More dizziness.

Increasingly bad memory.

General aches and pains.

Feeling sick.

Chest discomfort.

Shortness of breath.

Feeling faint.

And lots more.

Eggy, you aint dying mate....us lot on this board aint given you permission to die!!

For the last few months ive had sore aching neck, pain between shoulerblades....non-stop high pitched noise in my ears and 2 fingers on my left hand have been 100% numb for months.......as far as i'm aware...they are just a small few of symptoms of anxiety etc.

i'm off to see docs monday...will post back what he says...you aint dying mate.....you are like me...immortal!!

Matt

Alex1983
06-12-10, 01:16
I've suffered from anxiety for nearly ten years not and through that time I've experienced all those symptoms, albeit at different times. It's just our minds playing those nasty tricks on us again. It's what anxiety does to us. I hope you feel better soon

Eggy
16-12-10, 20:33
I do really feel like I am dying, I feel like I have something seriously wrong with me like Cancer or something or some kind of fatal neurological disease like Motor Neurone Disease or something!

I am really fed up of feeling so Ill and terrible, I wouldn't want to die but sometimes I think well at least I wouldn't suffer anymore and keep going through days feeling like crap and having pains and all the other stuff.

baileys
16-12-10, 21:50
I feel like you eggy.
Im fed up with being in pain, im fed up with not being able to cope with life and sometimes i wish i wasnt around anymore but one thing im sure is that i dont have any deadly disease because if i did i would have been pushing up daisys a long time ago.

Like_A_Boss
17-12-10, 15:10
I would agree with the users who suggested therapy as the best course of action. You seem to be resigned to the fact you are deathly ill but with no medical back up.

suzy-sue
17-12-10, 18:59
Your blood tests ruled out cancer Eggy ..You have made yourself feel worse because you messed with your cipralex .You have always felt bad ,its made it worse ..You have an appointment this week have you not ? Make sure you ask plenty of questions .and good luck ..sue x

Eggy
17-12-10, 21:44
Your blood tests ruled out cancer Eggy ..You have made yourself feel worse because you messed with your cipralex .You have always felt bad ,its made it worse ..You have an appointment this week have you not ? Make sure you ask plenty of questions .and good luck ..sue x

Thanks Sue, Does my fairly clear blood tests rule out any cancer?

Yes i have an appointment with the ENT on Thursday.

Eggy
18-12-10, 15:45
Just looking at it rationally, Eggy - every single one of your symptoms can be anxiety symptoms. This doesn't mean that they aren't horrible and you don't feel terrible - so I'm not belittling them at all. Anxiety symptoms are horrible.

Yes, it could be all the different types of cancer you mentioned, but, bearing in mind you have anxiety anyway, I would imagine it's more likely to be a mixture of bruxism, acid reflux/gastritis, Globus Hystericus and IBS. ALL of these are anxiety symptoms. And horrible ones - you will need help/medication to ease them.

Lots and lots of us on here have or have had these symptoms you describe on a daily basis, none of us have the cancers you describe.

I fully support you in checking for medical reasons - it's better to be safe than sorry. But so far, the more sinister diseases have been ruled out (you don't have anything inflammatory in your bowel, for example, so you can forget cancer. Your sinuses are clear.)

I think you need to take a broader approach to your current situation. You are seeing several medical docs, I think you should also bring a psychiatrist into the equation. I think you should be looking at this from all angles - and if your physical symptoms are anxiety related, then it's a psychiatrist who will be able to help you.

My friend was getting chest pains. She was sent to several different doctors and departments, had every test you could imagine. She was in bad pain and really worried. It was panic attacks. Anxiety can make you feel really really awful - if it didn't, a board like this wouldn't exist.

Again - your symptoms are real, but it doesn't mean they are sinister. If I looked at all the symptoms I have, I could say I have Crohns, stomach cancer, bowel cancer, eye cancer, brain tumour, arthritis. I don't have ANY of these - I have IBS, gastritis, a mould allergy and headaches - and I haven't had tests for cancer.

When you are feeling worried, weigh it up. You already suffer from anxiety, and you are presenting with typical anxiety symptoms, which may turn out to have a physical cause but are unlikely to. I really think you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't bring the anxiety possibility into the overall picture, and see a psychiatrist too. You want to get better, right? Then cover every angle - rather than simply dismissing the anxiety possibility outright.

Dahlia

Thank you Dahlia for replying.

I would love all my problems to be down to things like Anxiety, IBS, Acid Reflux, Bruxism etc etc its just as my symptoms are bad and causing me so many problems it feels like something is seriously wrong.

Hopefulky all tests at the ENT and Gastro will be normal.