PDA

View Full Version : Husband thinks I do not need therapy.

kellynwv
17-03-06, 14:48
Hi,

I have been having anxiety, and panic for about 6 months.

I have gave up all stimulates, and started doing Yoga. Both have helped a lot.. I only have anxiety now once in a while. I am still on a low dose of xanax and a beta blocker. I have refused to go on a anti depressant.

I have my first appointment with my therapist on April 5, 2006. I am nervous, but I think this will help me along with my proper diet I am on.

I would like to get off the medicine completely at a point in the future.

My husband seems to think I am doing good, and he thinks I do not need to see the therapist. It will cost me $25.00 each visit, an I wonder if he is worried about the money :-(

Please do not get me wrong.. he loves me and supports me no matter what, until now..? He said I can talk to him for free!

I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions or a similar situation.

thanks!

Alexandra
17-03-06, 15:05
Hiya Hun

Id say go along for the therapy & if you think afterwards it will do you good then keep going. If you do'nt try it you wo'nt know if it could help you further with certain things.

Just my opinion hope it helps

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Chardonay
17-03-06, 16:11
Hi There,

Yes go with the therapy it will help you.
I am married and love Darren dearly also my mum,but it is easyier talking to someone who does not know you.
I am in the same boat having to pay for treatment but Darren says it is worth it if it helps me.
You just cut back on other things.

Best wishes.
Chardonnay.

Tall dark and mysterious was his name,
magic love and money was his game.

Beauty is a real thing, not just a reflection in the mirror

Meg
19-03-06, 01:05
Maybe go for the assessment meeting and discuss with them what their plan fpor you would be.

If you still need xanax daily then you need some additional help such as this

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress