PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

DavidJ85
22-11-10, 21:25
I'd like to know what people have thought wise in their minds that causes them anxiety? Maybe they don't know what it is, I'd be interested to hear that too.

I've started to think of my anxiety as something I want to study, work out why it does what it does and how it does it. So I'm curious to see what people think and how they suffer?

What symptoms physically do you get? Maybe you don't get any really bad physical symptoms and it's all mental?

I know they say it's an over-active nervous system which causes more and more symptoms and I can relate to that but sometimes I just feel like anxiety comes out of no where and I can't fathom why? Sound familiar?

The more I learn, the more interested I get. Ok the fear still overwhelms me at times and I still feel I'm going more and more insane but hey it's not happened yet.

Answers appreciated!

mabel
22-11-10, 21:39
Knowledge is power!!!!!

I've found that! I've looked into anxiety and it really helps to know why you are feeling that way and what is happening in your body and mind.

If you know why it kind of takes the whole fear out of it and the anxiety subsides!

DavidJ85
22-11-10, 21:41
Tell me what you've discovered?

Do you still suffer with anxiety?

paula lynne
22-11-10, 22:25
Many medical minds now believe its because certain people are born with a faulty amygdala, have you looked into that? Others still believe it genetic. Interestingly, mine started after a new baby, marriage, and death of family member all in a month....but 10 years down the line, all those situations dont exist, but the panic and anxiety continues......good luck with your research x

ems43
22-11-10, 23:14
i think knowledge is power, but I also think that thinkng about the anxiety too much, ruminating on it, trying to "work it out" can keep us stuck in our heads and thus stuck in the anxiety loop. x

DavidJ85
23-11-10, 22:35
What are people's thoughts that make them anxious though?

Mine is feeling trapped in reality, trapped in this world we have to "live" in, thinking people are animals and are just trained chimps and because I dont want to think like this my anxiety kicks in. I just feel totally disconnected from reality a lot of the time and as much as some days I think ah whatever, other days I feel scared. Scared to talk to anyone as everyone's so strange and other days I think eh? What am I going on about?

Now does that sound about right for an anxiety sufferer or am I losing the plot?

This seriously does worry me and I hope for replies and I can't find an actual source for my anxiety other than these non-stop thoughts.

Ambers
23-11-10, 22:45
David - think it is normal to feel disconnected from reality when you suffer from anxiety and related illnesses. Well I hope so! I feel that I do not belong anywhere, I never fit in and I can never be myself because if I were to be, then no one would like or accept me. I also know that these thoughts are apart of my anxiety.

I believe my PA/anxiety was brought on by some significant events in my life however I also acknowledge that I probably got passed the 'nervous gene' by my parents, therefore was more prone to this illness.

DavidJ85
24-11-10, 08:55
I can relate to that it's just these thoughts I want to see if anyone has similar or the same as they are relentless whether I fear them or not

ems43
24-11-10, 15:31
Hi David, I have very similar thoughts. The main thoughts that cause my anxiety are similar exsistential questions such as yours, eg, is the world real, am I real ? etc, which i'm sure is a by product of the dp/ dr, which i know you suffer from too. I think this kind of thinking is really very common for people who suffer dp/ dr as part of their anxiety x

DavidJ85
25-11-10, 21:13
Do you find your always thinking it whether you fear it or get physical symptoms or not? I seem to not be able to stop.

paula lynne
25-11-10, 21:16
I think it gets worse the more you think about it...you feed it by concentrating on it. If I sit and brood about it all, and think OH GOD here we go again, it makes it much worse. If I get it and think SOD IT..and carry on regardless, it loses its power.

DavidJ85
25-11-10, 23:21
Even if I think oh bugger off or sod it still finds a way back

paula lynne
25-11-10, 23:23
Say it out loud til you really believe it

DavidJ85
25-11-10, 23:29
Oh trust me I had a fit in my car today telling it to sod off which in turn fired up an anxiety attack. I can't win

paula lynne
25-11-10, 23:37
Oh Im very sorry to hear that, that must have been frightening for you.
I guess Im not the best person to talk to you about this, sorry, I didnt mean to upset you, hope you feel better soon.

DavidJ85
25-11-10, 23:38
I appreciate your comments of course. Dont worry I always wake up fighting!