PDA

View Full Version : just trying to break the cycle

Albright
22-11-10, 21:48
So i was just wondering if anyone knew any good ways to break these week-long disassociating PA's... i use lavender, rescue remedy, tea, and distractions to keep them in check attack by attack, but id really like some kind of way to break the cycle... I used klonopin for a little bit and that worked really well to break it, but the drawbacks from taking it completely overshadowed the benefits.... any ideas are welcome, besides pills.

skippy66
22-11-10, 21:56
Have you got an iPhone? I've released an app to help deal with individual attacks.

(http://www.panic-attack-aid.com)

Albright
22-11-10, 22:02
Well sadly i dont have an iphone, and while i dont necessarily agree to responding to a help add with a sales pitch.. ive got to say thats a pretty neat idea.

paula lynne
22-11-10, 22:20
Hi Albright, have you tried exercise? x its great for those who can do it, burns off excess adrenaline x

Jabz
23-11-10, 03:25
Albright, try breathing correctly during a panic attack, it will help relax you.

Albright
23-11-10, 03:33
thank you for the replies. I do actually excersize quite a bit and i practice the breathing excersizes whenever i remember to.

What i was really trying to get at is, I can control the attacks that happen day to day, i just want to know if there is some way to just stop the string of them alltogether, or at least interrupt them for long enough that i can get some better.. footing, if you will to try and push them back and be done with them again. Some radical therapy or something lol idk

Nigel H
23-11-10, 12:35
Hi there .... to break the cycle for good - I suggest you find a Master Practitioner of Time Line TherapyŽ to help you release the root cause of the problem, so you can then move on in a more resourceful state of mind.

Check out the website by Tad James, who established the method in it's current form.

www.timelinetherapy.net

Read the parts listed in the title banner (click on them) in regard to Negative Emotions, Limiting Decisions/Beliefs and Anxiety.

You can ask me any questions if you like, or otherwise look someone up in your country. The Time Line Therapy Association may also be able to refer you to someone locally. I think there is a link to them via the above website.

All the best.

Nig