PDA

View Full Version : What happens if you take too much?

trooper
22-11-10, 22:14
Hi Folks,

On 50mg of Cit.

Right, I forget my tablets at the weekend, I got a bit tipsy on Saturday and forgot and then Sunday I was about to take them and something drew my attention away, and it was only mid-day today I realised I had forgotten.

I took my full dose at mid-day, and then this evening about an hour ago (9.30pm) I wanted to get back to my usual rythem, I didn't take the full dose, I took 40mg.

BUt then I just did some reading about the half life and realised that this might not have been the best idea. I now essentially have 90mg in my system.

Should I be worried?

T

NoPoet
23-11-10, 00:27
Not particularly, but you will probably feel like Jeremy Beadle fell on your head, and you will probably sleep for Britain.

Just ensure that you do not do this more than once, not ever, under any pretext whatsoever.

If you really do feel ill, phone NHS Direct or get someone to take you to a hospital, but to be honest the human body can tolerate a lot of citalopram so you'll probably be over it in a day or two and even if you do need to speak to a doctor you should get back to normal.

NOTE: I don't know anyone who took a double dose, so I don't know what other effects there may be - although of course there may be no additional effects at all.

Nobody should ever take a double dose to make up for a missed dose. If it's almost time for your next dose, wait for your next dose.

trooper
23-11-10, 10:36
Thanks PsychoPoet (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=19778) .

Well I survived. I did some reading on different forums and people have survived huge overdoses, but not a great idea I agree.

I felt a bit ill last night, bad tummy, head fizzing and generally feeling a bit ill. I woke up several times in the night and felt tired this morning.

But apart from that, no real issues.

Just the usual bloodshot eyes I get everyday and generally looking like crap :D