PDA

View Full Version : for anyone on 45mg

ems43
22-11-10, 23:09
Hi, just wondered if anyone who is on 45mg could tell me there experiences? I have been on mirt for about 8 weeks now, 2 weeks on 45mg. I have seen my pdoc today and he has also prescribed pregablin as the anxiety IS the problem and mirt just doesn't seem to be helping with it. I just wondered if anyone who had been on 45mg found a positive shift after longer than two weeks? It's so hard to know how long to give an anti d before you decid that it really isn't for you... and start the damm process all over again. Apologies for my negativity!x

MadJam
23-11-10, 21:55
Hi Ems! Sorry to hear you are still suffering. My pdoc prescribed me some pregablin the last time I saw him but I have been too scared to try them. I have heard they help a lot of people and it does sound like the mirtazapine is not 'cutting it' for you. I do hope pregablin gives you relief - let us know how you get on. Good luck x

ems43
23-11-10, 22:04
thanks, I've just started tonight, have worked myself up into thinking the dp/ dr is worse though no is probably in my mind... will keep you posted? how you getting on now? xx

ElizabethJane
23-11-10, 22:05
Well I am taking 45mg mirtazapine and 1,000mg lithium and to date it has done all that it says on the tin. I have never taken pregabalin but there are plenty on here who have. I still suffer with anxiety whilst being on the mirt. Breakthrough anxiety can occur at any time as can blips of depression. It does not mean that the drug is not working.when I went up to 45mg it took over a month to feel the benefit so it might still be early days for you. EJ.

Vixxy
24-11-10, 10:34
I'm on 45mg of mirtazapine and it helps with the depression side of things and I think cured my panic attacks, however I was left with GAD instead! So I now take 10mg of seroxat as well as the mirtazapine, which is working really well at the moment.