PDA

View Full Version : forced to go to the job center today

paula lynne
22-11-10, 23:12
Hi friends, well, I had to go to jobcenter plus today, to meet my "personal advisor" about getting me back into work. I explained that I was agoraphobic and suffer with panic, but they were really rude and dismissive, and threatened to stop my benefit of dla if I didnt attend...well that put me in a rather low mood.......

It turned out ok, the lady was nice, and admitted she used to suffer with panics, so I felt at least she knew where I was coming from. It took about 30 mins, and apart from dizzyness and hot flush, it wasnt as bad as I thought. Hubby there with me, thank God for him, my rock.

It comes down to this...if I was well enough to work, Id be on 35 grand a year as an F grade nurse by now, why would I be struggling on 7 grand a year if I was capable of work????? HELLO!!!

New rules now mean I have to go for this "back to work" assessment every year.:lac:Id do ANYTHING to get my health back, anything.....hate the way it makes me feel useless. Oh well, its over now, so for those who are going for assessments soon, it wasnt to bad, just wanted to let you know.

Scoffing chocolate animals in bed now........havent even got a sweet tooth, but it seems to be helping...........?! x:whistles:

mandie
22-11-10, 23:22
Hi Paula

glad u had a nice lady, most of them think we just dont want to work, they have no idea what we go through.

I have to go a pathways to work meeting every month as im on esa.

Iv just been sent a letter for another medical assement for 2 weeks time. it was only 6 months ago i won my appeal and now i have to go through the whole thing again.

So i will have to see a dr who knows nothing about me and i no i will fail again and so the appeal proceedure will start all over again.

I would love to be able to go back to work. it does nothing for my self esteem, i feel worthless and want to be independant and earning my own money.

mandie xx

HarrogateChris
22-11-10, 23:33
Glad it went OK for you Paula :)

Chris

paula lynne
22-11-10, 23:35
Yes Mandie, I totally understand. When you have to tell all to a complete stranger its so damd frustrating, especially when they give you the look..."oh yeah" kind of look!

You might not fail and have to go through appeal again, you never know...fingers crossed Mandie. Tell it all, tell the truth, even if it takes 50 chocolate animals to put you right again after! (Sorry to my son Jack, I bought them for him!)

Its so hard with anxiety and panic, and most of the people we see to assess us have absolutely not the first blooming idea how debilitating it all is. Fingers crossed for you love x

paula lynne
22-11-10, 23:36
Thanks Chris, all over for another year!:wacko:

yvonne_uk_98
23-11-10, 00:25
Hi Paula lynne,

Sorry to hear you had to go through all that at the job centre, glad it's over too. thank you very much for letting us know what to expect when it our turn.

Mandie,

sorry to hear you went through that, and have to go through it all again, I will keep you both in my prayers.

sending you both hugs... :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

my sister has to go to sign on every week, this is a nightmare, because this is causing us problems, I need her to help with my dad and I, she is my carer. I can give you a link that is giving people who are on benefits support. You would need to join if you want to, it's free, and they give support and advice. link below.

http://carerwatchdotcom.myfineforum.org/login.php?redirect=viewtopic.php& (http://carerwatchdotcom.myfineforum.org/login.php?redirect=viewtopic.php&p=11003#11003)
p=11003#11003 (http://carerwatchdotcom.myfineforum.org/login.php?redirect=viewtopic.php&p=11003#11003)

This is another link where you can get advice and tips.

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

Yvonne

mandie
23-11-10, 09:56
Thank you Paula and Yvonne

xx

ditzygirl
23-11-10, 10:24
Paula - well done for attending and lucky u got a nice advisor. I'm still fighting mine - like i dont have enough crap in my world just now - bless em!!!!

I'm really pleased all went well for youxxx

Hazel B
23-11-10, 14:15
You are genuine, it's just the system makes you feel so rubbish with all the rules and tests.

Hope you've recovered now and feel better, well done for going.:hugs:x

Vixxy
23-11-10, 14:22
You are soooo lying. Why would anyone want to be fit and healthy and earning 35k a year, when they could be driven by anxiety and get 7k for doing nothing?!:shrug::D
I'm glad it went well for you today and I hope that's all you have to do for a while. Stupid government :wacko:

paula lynne
23-11-10, 15:49
haha had a giggle about that one vixxy, yeah, gimme anxiety and no money, I love it! Maybe I will have a new br:Dain in my next life. Thanks all for your support x

gypsywomen
23-11-10, 16:40
glad it all went well:)