PDA

View Full Version : What triggers of breathlessness and how do you overcome it?

angelique
23-11-10, 10:11
Hi everyone, I posted yesterday about the issues that I have been having with consant breathlessness. Two lovely members of this forum have been very supportive and have given me advice and re-assurance.

I would like to hear from others though that have also sufferred the same and what they did to overcome it. also is there anyone out there that has had it for weeks on end simply because they are so aware of their breathing?

PokerFace
23-11-10, 10:16
I had it all day every day for weeks when my health anxiety first started. If you've been told it's cuz of your anxiety it's a lot to do with over breathing if you know about that?

So the problem is you have too much oxygen in your body so it's trying to forceably slow you down which is very scary. I always try to slow myself down instead of letting my body try and do it for me, so start to breathe slower for a while then take big slow breaths. Panicking about it just makes it 1000 times worse so try to keep calm and jus breath slower basically! :)

If you notice you're breathing faster before you start to get breathless and panicky try to slow it down then to avoid the really horrible parts. xx