PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety questions and recovery

becks xxx
23-11-10, 10:58
Does anybody know how long it roughly takes for someone to recover? I know it's probably a stupid question.. or does anyone know of someone and how long it did take them to recover?
It was this time last year everything started going rapidly downhill for me and I do believe i have come a little way but what's really bothering me is people say anxiety is a learned behaviour, you've got to un-lean it
I was always a nervous person, even when i was little
id be sick going to the doctors/hospital/dentist
id developed a fear of ambulances :S, was sick when a policeman came in my house
Used to be sick every lunch time at primary school because i didnt like eating infront of people, yet i could get home and eat fine infront of family
While everyone was getting excited for partys, my excitment was nervousness.
I used to be sick going though security at the airport,
i dont know why any of this happened..but it did. How can anxiety start at such a small age? Nothing could of triggered it if i was that young? So surely that means im just a nervous and anxious person..which means i'll never actually be able to be anxiety free?
So confused.. perhaps it's just in me, so im wasting my time trying? Can this be possible or is it definate everyone can overcome their anxiety?

Vixxy
23-11-10, 14:25
Some people are naturally nervous, that doesn't mean they're doomed to anxiety for the rest of their lives. So don't worry!
You've had a long time to build up your reactions to life, but they can be broken. I suggest you take a look at all the things that cause you anxiety and rate them from 1-10. Then pick the one with the lowest score and work on beating it! It will take a while to get past each of your fears, but you will eventually :)