PDA

View Full Version : help

bronte
23-11-10, 10:59
hi does any ibs sufferers get an ibs attack after there evening meal im getting to the point where im frightened to have my tea it doesnt happen every time but its really worrying me x

countrygirl
23-11-10, 12:38
What are your symptoms??

mick_uk
23-11-10, 12:38
Hiya bronte,
I don't have ibs, but could it be because it's the biggest meal of the day, size wise. (assuming it is). Might be the actual size of the meal and not the contents that bring it on. Just a thought.

mick

bronte
23-11-10, 13:27
hi country girl i do suffer from ibs but about an hour after tea i will get the usual chuning bubbly feeling with loads of wind and then i have to go to the toilet it might be only one visit or might be a couple and its not alway runs its as though the meal as made my bowel work and spasm as i say its not all the time at the most once a week if that x

Vixxy
23-11-10, 14:19
Keep a note on what you're eating each meal time. then see if there are any corrolations between the foods and the attacks.
I had this happen a few years ago and it actually turned out that Quorn was causing me problems. So I stopped eating it and presto no more dashes to the loo! I'd like to point out that Ive been eating Quorn for about 6 years at this point with no problems, so it could be something that you've been fine with for years that is causing you ibs.
Or as Mick says, it could be the size of your meals. Try eating smaller portions too :)

bronte
23-11-10, 14:26
thanks vixxy and mick i will do that x