PDA

View Full Version : Where do I start :-(

MidnightMike
24-11-10, 00:38
Hi

Really need a bit of help now.

Have been through a traumatic time of late, lost my wife to cancer last year and she was followed just 7 months later by my mum :-(

I am 45 and my wife was 50, we had been together for 18 years and could not have been closer.

I am back at work, but feeling really lost as could be imagined.

But, I have the weirdest feeling in my chest, neck and into my head.

Not a pain, kind of like palpitations but not aware of my heart beating or anything.
But its like a fizzy, tingling feeling.
Horrible, feels like it could affect my breath but has not.
Feels sometimes like I might pass out but I have not.

I am on blood pressure tablets and have been for a number of years.
That checks out fine.

So what is this?

Thanks

Mike

paula lynne
24-11-10, 00:42
Hi mike, im so sorry for the loss of your wife, and mum.x
can i suggest you see your gp, maybe you need to lower/up/change your bp meds?
anxiety can cause the fizzy feeling, and this leads to consticted muscle tension in the chest/neck, ......I hope you feel better soon x

blue moon
24-11-10, 00:46
Hello Mike.
very sorry about your lose,and welcome to site.You sound like you have a lot of anxiety in your life,maybe try some deep breathing exercises and relaxation teqniches(excuse my spelling)Tingling and palps are all part of Anxiety and stress.
Take Care of YOU.
Love Petra xx:flowers:

MidnightMike
24-11-10, 00:52
So I am not about to rejoin my wife then? much as I want to.
Yes its been and remains a dreadful time, thanks for the fast replies.
I have a apoint with my GP Monday, that is the 1st time I can get to see her due to work.

paula lynne
24-11-10, 00:58
No you arent joining your wife mike, bless you. please ask gp about your bp and related meds, and also mention the fuzzy feeling so they are aware of whats going on. There are many threads on here related to how you feel, go to the search facility, and type in a key word or sentence, and it will take you to some really informative posts x

MidnightMike
24-11-10, 01:00
OK, its like if you stand up too fast but all the time

MidnightMike
24-11-10, 01:08
BP is 129 over 80 with a 51 pulse, kind of normal?

paula lynne
24-11-10, 01:08
Like a head rush? x

paula lynne
24-11-10, 01:17
That is perfectly normal. It may be anxiety. Talk it through with your gp and come back and let us know how you got on. There are many people on here who suffer the same/similar symptoms of anxiety as you, and can help such a lot with advice and support. Best wishes x

gaaron
24-11-10, 01:23
:hugs:

nok_tok
24-11-10, 02:07
sorry to hear about your losses, that is alot to go through in such a short time.. :hugs:

Estranged
24-11-10, 05:14
Hi Mike
Sorry for your loss and believe it or not it will get better, as for this forum, I've met nothing but great people who have helped me out so much, so your in the right place

Estranged

MidnightMike
24-11-10, 06:11
Update, woke up around 05:00 with same feeling and decided to call NHS Direct.
They are getting the doctor to ring me and want me to be seen today.
So have had to call work and tell them, this makes matters worse as I had a lot of time off when my wife and then mum passed away.
OH well safety first I guess and this does feel odd

suzy-sue
24-11-10, 06:26
Mike im so very sorry for your loss .:hugs:You have been through a terrible time ,It takes s its toll on the nerves . It often gives symptoms of being or feeling unwell .When in fact its just symtoms of anxiety .I hope the Dr doesnt keep you waiting too long and is reassuring .There are plenty of things you can do to help make yourself feel pysically better .The loss you feel will take time .You will get plenty of help and support here ,so keep posting . Its no good worrying about work ,these things happen and 1 day wont do any harm .Im sure they will be understanding .You need to look after yourself and you did the right thing .Keep us informed to how you get on and try to relax a bit more .Take care ...Sue :hugs:x

nok_tok
24-11-10, 07:29
dont worry about work, you are much more important, as the above post says you need to look after yourself, do you have any close friends you can confine in? Are you getting any counciling or therapy? :hugs::hugs:

mandie
24-11-10, 09:44
Hi Mike

So sorry to hear of your losses. Does sound anxiety symptoms which is no wonder considering what you have been through.

Dont worry too much about work, concentrate on getting yourself sorted out. Im sure your employers would be supportive considering what you have been through.

mandie :hugs:

MidnightMike
24-11-10, 13:06
OMG doc demanded 999 and ambulance to hospital.
Just got back.
Heart is fine.
I'll say more later, got to try and sleep.
Thanks all

Hazel B
24-11-10, 14:44
Mike, hope you fell better when you wake up. I am sorry for your losses. Grief and anxiety can play havoc with our minds and bodies. I hope you got the medical help you need.

I had 3 years of bereavement, car crash, job loss and stress and it took 3 years for my body to react. I had anxiety and health issues but with a combination of medication, counselling and being healthy I've started to fight back and be well.

You are not alone.

MidnightMike
24-11-10, 23:12
Hi Hazel, oddly enough my time also includes a car crash, which I got the blame for as the other side produced a witness two months after it happened.
Got summonsed and everything but was reduced to a course on mitigation.
So all that has been on top of everything else.
Feel a wee bit better now, but so, so tired but scared of sleeping due to the nightmares and waking up and finding my lady not next to me!
Thanks all for your support, I'll be sure to come back here often

Hazel B
25-11-10, 12:15
When you look back, there are events that happen that just slowly build up after the main traumas. It all adds up and when we think we're coping we probably need more help than we realise. I did not grieve for 3 years and that all had to come out, I'm so glad it happened even though I now know what anxiety is like.

Grief can take so many forms and last for as long as it takes.

Hope you have a better day today.