PDA

View Full Version : Disaster in New Zealand

RichW
24-11-10, 08:34
Hi Folks

Terribly sad new from this part of the world today. On Friday last week, 29 miners were trapped down a mine after a gaseous explosion - the youngest of whom was just 17 years old. The situation had been assessed by experts to be too dangerous to attempt entering the mine because of the potential for further explosions. Today a second explosion occured within the mine. After an initial evalutaion, the news was broken to the families of the miners as well as the press, that the nature of the mission was no longer one of search and rescue but one of search and retrieval (of bodies) as there was no way the miners could have survived the explosion.

Please spare a thought for the families of the miners and the community of Greymouth. This news has devastated our nation. For more information and possibly links to a facebook support page, please see www.nzherald.co.nz (http://www.nzherald.co.nz)

Rich

pollyanna
24-11-10, 09:00
gob bless the miners who perished, thinking today of all their families and friends.. x

JaneC
24-11-10, 10:10
Terrible news, especially after the miracle of Chile x

ditzygirl
24-11-10, 18:32
Your heart goes out to them doesn't it? The miners and their families are in my thoughts and prayersxxxx

bottleblond
24-11-10, 18:37
So very tragic! My thoughts are with those who perished and their families and friends.

Lisa
x

Vanilla Sky
24-11-10, 21:06
Loving thoughts to them all