PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe the symptoms for anxiety

DeetheTree
24-11-10, 17:31
Hi
I have been under the doctor recently with health worries because i have suffered with heart palpitations, chest pains, back aches, feeling of pressure when i swallow, and dizziness.
I have had an ECG and full blood test including thyroid all of which were normal. The doctor thinks all my symptoms are down to stress and asked me about what could be causing me to be stressed. Me and my partner are trying for a baby which so far has not been sucessful, but that was the only stress i can think of.
Can these very real aches and pains really be anxiety? It seems hard to believe, do you guys wonder too?
The doctor advised me to do things to take my mind of it and exercise.
I feel like i am mad
Dee

josparks
24-11-10, 18:46
oh believe me these pains can be anxiety and then some ive had all sorts of symptoms stress can play wonders on ur body hun the mind is a very powrful thing take a look at some of the things on the forum u will see ur not alone in this

bottleblond
24-11-10, 18:54
Hi Dee

Trust me hun, you're not mad.

Read the following that i copied from our 'symptoms' section for you.

Heart palpitations, chest pain, irregular beats, flutters, skipped beats

What you feel:

One of the most worrying symptoms is chest pains or a tight feeling in your chest. The immediate thought is "heart attack" or "stroke" and this only worries you more. You may also notice that your heartbeat is incredibly fast or irregular at times having palpitations and again this leads to the worry that you will have a heart attack.
Often the chest muscles may feel very tight, and sometimes they can become painful if they are tight enough to spasm. Because the individual may become concerned that they may be having a heart attack, their fear will add to the stress biology which can not only worsen the pain, but can produce other symptoms similar to a heart attack such as profuse sweating, light-headedness and numbness in the arms, feet or face.
These increased symptoms can also cause more fear which then can turn into a panic attack
Your heart feels like it skips a beat or flops in your chest. It sometimes may feel like a tickle in your chest that makes you cough. If you take your pulse, you'll notice that sometimes the beats are unevenly spaced.
You may experience a tightness or pressure in the chest. Sometimes you may feel shooting pains, or muscle twitches, or just an uneasiness or fullness in the chest area which causes you concern
There is no evidence that panic and anxiety has any adverse effect on the heart and the pains are easily explained.

hope this eases your mind a bit

Lisa
xxx
:flowers:

DeetheTree
24-11-10, 18:56
Ok thanks guys :)
So how do i cure it? lol

bottleblond
24-11-10, 19:55
If i had the answer to that, i would be a millionaire lol.

I think learning to accept it and then educating ourselves by talking to others that experience the same thing.

Most of us that experience these symptoms think that there is something serious going on with our health and quite rightly so really because we didn't know any different. It's not until we get proper medical advice and reasured that it is indeed anxiety related we can try to learn why this is happening to us.

Lisa
xx