PDA

View Full Version : BLUSHING !!

debs59
18-03-06, 08:22
Hi all, i`m new here and this is the first time i`ve sent a message , i was wondering if any one had any good tips on how to stop BLUSHING! this has been a real problem since my teens, i`m now 46 so it`s become a part of me , a part which i hate . I love chatting but find the blushing holds me back from really being me , it`s like a vicious circle , i would love to talk more in work but hold back . as when they all start looking at me i can feel myself going red i`ll either get up and find some thing else to do . It seems when i`m with people the word BLUSH is constantly on my mind and that i must look so stupid and people thinkind "whats wrong with her". I`m married with 3 grown up children and thankfully they are all quite confident and i love to see them like that it makes me feel happy! . I was wondering how do i stop this silly blushinf especially at my age , i`m going from a BLUSH to a FLUSH lol. thanks to any one who reads this message. From Debs.

Piglet
18-03-06, 19:49
Well if I have ever noticed anyone blushing I have always found it very endearing - so I would accept this part of you as an attractive feature not a negative thing at all.

So many people do do this mate for allsorts of reasons, some from heat, some from menopausal hormones, some from too much red wine, some from showing off occasionally and getting silly[:I][:I][}:)] - you get the picture.

Accept that its a part of the special qualities that go to making you who you are.:D:D:D

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

gypsy55
24-03-06, 22:22
funny.. I just replied to another forum about the same thing. I'm very fair AND 50 and I've blushed I'm sure from day one and the more people notice the more I blush. You know it doesn't happen so often now.. I feel I have more confidence in myself and it's sort of like Piglet said, endearing. But is sure doesn't feel endearing when it happens. I've done the same thing .... in a meeting thinking don't blush, don't blush and sure enough you're blushing so much I swear you can feel heat coming off my face. The nice thing for me at my age .. I blame it on a hot flash.. people just go along with it.. ! HA!!! Good luck and try not to dwell on it... Take deep breath..

Take care always..
Marcy~~

sal
24-03-06, 22:57
Hi Debs

Welcome to the forum.

I have a friend just like you and even at times just to look at her she blushes.

Try not to worry about it and think about it as more of one of your personality traits. No one will judge you, its you and who would want to change that.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Starlet_24
25-03-06, 01:23
Oh my gosh! This has been a minor prob over last few months but yet big enough to cause worry. Yesterday I went into gas station-feeling panicked inside but not thinking about blushing- i went up to pay and all of a sudden, I felt heat on my face and I thought OH NO! I could imagine the ppl standing to the left of me thinking I was a freak or something. I just wanted to run away. By the time I walked out, my face must have been the color of PURE RED! Oddly enough, as soon as I opened the door to leave, the blush went completely away. This has happened one on one with ppl and I fear it happening so I avoid certain ppl where I know I will blush!! It's so embarrassing! The only thing that u can do is just go with it--WHO CARES in the big picture! Imean, so what we blush? Everybody blushes at some point -most other ppl don't worry about it. It's like all the rest of the anxiety. After that happened yesterday- I felt really low-like how can I do anything..now I am blushing in any situation but then I have re-thought it......I REFUSE TO LET BLUSHING GET IN THE WAY! If I blush, so what? It's embarrassing and yes ppl stare but ya know what? If ppl think less of me because of it--it's their prob not mine.

Good LUCK!

Star

PS.....pray I can get thru my job interviews w/o blushing though! :(

Karen
25-03-06, 03:49
Hi Debs

This is a more common worry than you probably realise and many people with low self confidence have experienced this to a certain degree.

Practising relaxation while thinking about situations in which you blush can help. We tend to think about these anxieties at times when feeling anxious and therefore reinforce the behaviour.

There are some good tips in this article (http://www.self-confidence.co.uk/blushing/tips.html) that you might find helpful.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Katycat
25-03-06, 16:39
Hi Debs
I'm exactly the same as you, I blush very easy, always have done and hate it. I tell myself not to blush but it ends up worse. My mum was the same, and my son blushes as well. [:I] I try not to let it rule my life and try to be confident at work.
Angela

Katycat
25-03-06, 16:43
Hi Debs
I'm exactly the same as you, I blush very easy, always have done and hate it. I tell myself not to blush but it ends up worse. My mum was the same, and my son blushes as well. [:I] I try not to let it rule my life and try to be confident at work.
Angela