PDA

View Full Version : I am freaking out !!

angie3077
08-03-04, 17:05
Just wanted to air my mind abit as I am feeling really freaky at the moment!
It just started off with a few pains in my chest and a really weird headache and now I am just really panicy!
I am thinking all sorts of really bad things and I just cant stop it.....ouch my head hurts! - is this a sympton of anxiety/panic?.......thats the strange thing though as I was not feeling at all anxious or panicy before this all started to happen???
Why does this have to keep happening like this.....why can't I just dismiss these thoughts as anyone normal would do!!! I am so frustrated!
Does anyone have this happen to them too? where it just comes out of the blue[?]
I think I have nearlly bitten off all my finger nails too, this is ridiculous!

Anyway - has airing my thoughts helped at all?.........a little but you can bet all your money that within a couple of minutes after logging off I will be a quivering wreck again[V]

sarah
08-03-04, 17:37
Hi Angie

I used to be constantly plagued with thoughts that i couldnt get rid of. Now I still get the thoughts but I can most of the time dismiss them as rubbish anxiety symptoms.
I think what made me stop having these thoughts or rather dwelling on them was teaching myself all about panic, coming into this forum/website and knowing that i wasnt alone..EVERYTHING I had been feeling/thinking had been described in here by someone else. That alone reassures me more than anything.
Please take comfort in the knowledge that we all know what you are going through and you arent alone.

love Sarah
xx

angie3077
08-03-04, 17:42
Thanks Sarah,

I think at the point when its happening you think it the worst ever time, but when it subsides abit then you think....what am I like?

I know its getting easier as these episodes are not lasting as long and are happening less often too - but when I am in that state of panic, I just cannot shake it off

This forum really does help me though, hence why I came here to air my thoughts when I was feeling really on edge a while ago!

Thank you very much, peoples words really do help x

nomorepanic
08-03-04, 19:48
Hi angie

A lot of my panics came out of the blue and I was unable to control them or understand why. I could be sitting there watching TV and would get one.

I can't say why this happens - probably that little gremlin that keeps wanting to remind you that you are not better and it can get you whenever it wants to.

Try running round the house next time it may help to fight off the symptoms.

Hope you feel better now?

Nicola

angie3077
12-03-04, 14:55
Nicola,

I will try running around the house next time it happens! lol
Along with the singing out loud I sometimes do I will probably look totally crazy!!

Yes it is probably a little gremlin that wants to remind me its still in control really, but it is so easy for me to think that it is something more serious as when it happens I dont feel anxious at all ( or I dont think I do[?]) and then I just start freaking out, because as we all know the symptons of anxiety and panic attacks mimic a lot of other things too and its that I just cant deal with. It is really hard to just except that is what is happening to me and focus on getting over it as my mind just goes into over-drive, especially with the ones that come out of the blue:(

Thanks

Angie x