PDA

View Full Version : phlem

jackie
18-03-06, 09:16
not so long ago meg i posted on spitting up alot of phlem. well today it is very green and i wondered is that something to worry about. i have had a bad absess and a flu for the past week but this is freaking me out for i feel a bit breathless and nauseus

i was wondering could this be related to a bad pain i had in my left shoulder i had last few days

im really panicked

anyone help
jackie

Trish
18-03-06, 13:09
Hi Jackie

It seems to me as though you have a chest infection, i'm an expert on them as i suffer them every year. Infact i have been on antibiotics for the last 3 weeks and still my chest is not clear. I should have had a chest xray on Thursday but when i got there, there was a 2 hour wait, and i didn't feel up to waiting, so i've still not had it done.

I too get pains across my back and shoulders, a trip to your GP would be a good idea.

I must say i'm panicky over how long mine has gone on...i don't think i've had one that has gone on so long, so Meg if you could let me know if you have known a chest infection go on so long, that would put my mind at ease too.

Best wishes
Trish

ashley
18-03-06, 15:54
hay jackie,
You do sound like you have maybe alittle infection(do you smoke love) because smoking does make you cough up a lot of green mucus, darling if it worries you go doctors to put ya mind at rest.
but trust me hunnie, theres nothink wrong, worst case is you have a chest infection- but nothink that is going to harm you.
Jacks jacks me loves ya sweetheart, you are having a bad old time with ya anxiety ...like me ... you know how bad ive been latley...but you are fine.
All that ive had it all, especially when i have got broncitis(chest infection) and im ok arnt i.... i have pains in my back nasty ones... and in my ribs, my stomach , my arms and neck and jaw, and i wouldnt lie to you.

ashley xxx

Meg
19-03-06, 00:26
Green stuff that isn't coming up easily and is not common for you means a trip to the doctors to be listened to with a stethoscope and possible antibiotics

You will get pains from the strain of coughing. Support your chest with a pillow or cushion.

Trish - yes they can go on for weeks but if you've been on antibiotics and are no better you need a review and to go for that xray

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Trish
19-03-06, 00:30
Thank you Meg i intend to do both this week.

Trishx

jackie
19-03-06, 10:35
meg it is coming up easily, what does this mean. plus it is mostly in the morning

does this make it different
jackie