PDA

View Full Version : social anxiety and dealing with boyfriends family dinner

hopefulgyrl
24-11-10, 23:17
It's the day before thanksgiving and i'm sitting here thinking and worrying about thanksgiving dinner on tomorrow that i was invited to at my boyfriends mothers house...... His mother reminded me about 4 different times that she will be cooking and wants me to come along with my boyfriend..... She also wants me to help her in the kitchen ,cutting potatos and things,because i told her i can't cook. Wow, how i wish this could be all simple and exciting for me,but of course its frightning as hell. I'm so afraid of crowds and conversating with peoples family and stuff. I just don't want to let the mom down because she keeps asking me to come.and i know my boyfriend would want to go..........so please give me some advice for tomorrow! I was thinking going for about an hour (hopefully i can get through it) and telling my boyfriend that afterwards we are going back to me ,my mother,father and sisters house for dinner. Please help me guys, i just hate making a fool of myself........

hopefulgyrl
26-11-10, 04:58
THANKS EVERYONE 4 UR HELP!!!!!!!!!:mad:

daybyday
26-11-10, 05:15
I have been online and your post just showed up. It is now late Thursday Thanksgiving day. Did you go and how was it?

hopefulgyrl
26-11-10, 14:57
well everything worked out,because i did'nt go because my boyfriend was going to pick up his brother,and while he was at my house waiting for me to get dressed,which was taking awhile,his brother kept calling him saying come and drop him off to they re mothers because he was hungry..... so after awhile my boyfriend got impatient and told me he would be right back,and he ended up going to pick his brother up and taking him to they re moms,and my boyfriend ate while he was there and brought me a plate back...and when he came back we just went to the park,and came back to my house and ate..... i was so happy and relieved that he got impatient on waiting on me and left.....lol.so i must say i had a wonderful thanksgiving.......thanks for asking!:D

SUPERem
07-12-10, 20:12
Sorry for the late reply! I know how you're feeling all too well, i usually use any excuse to get out of a event like the one you've talked about. I get so worked up about small things (like helping in the kitchen) that I hardly go anywhere, because every little thing worries me. I know deep down that it's not helping me, but right now I can't look too far into the future, i live day by day - moment by moment. I'm glad at least you had a good thanksgiving, even if you didn't go!!