PDA

View Full Version : any other females experience this?

missykat
25-11-10, 08:56
hi,
im on bc pills a year now. anybody else experience cramping and the usual amount of blood when on withdrawel bleed? like the amount u would get when not on the pill. i thought the pill was supposed to ease the amount of blood and cramping. i have only experienced this the past 3 cycles. am i over exaggerating every little thing or is this not normal?

dodo
25-11-10, 08:57
Some pills don't make your period lighter. And done take a few months to get going. I don't think it's out of the ordinary.

Jo3016
25-11-10, 10:15
I have been on bc pills for nearly a year to sort out irregular bleeding. The first one I tried, microgynon, was awful and just made the bleeding worse. I changed to Yasmin and it has been fine.

I have very light periods now but I do still get a lot of cramping and PMT which I thought it would stop.

I think you should visit your doctor. I don't think there is anything wrong, but sometimes your body gets used to the level of hormones and you have to change to find the right one for you.

Hope you feel better soon.

missykat
25-11-10, 11:14
thanks. i will see my doc next week and ask him about it :D tmi but on the bill i dont think u should be passing clots sorry tmi :blush:

Jo3016
25-11-10, 11:20
No, probably not. Sound like it is not doing its job anymore. I am sure that your doctor will recommend changing to a higher dosage one.