PDA

View Full Version : Having a panic attack!

Hayley1982
25-11-10, 11:26
Since I woke up this morning I've been in this panic and can't calm down. I keep heaving thinking I'm going to be sick but nothing coming up. I can't eat anything. I have to go to my therapy appointment later and don't know if im going to make it there. Someone help :-(

allergyphobia
25-11-10, 12:12
slow your breathing is the first thing you need to do. go onto youtube and find a nice calming piece of relaxtion music - just type in relaxation. now this is hard but you need to switch off all your fears, all your adrenalin and slow down and concentrate on your breathing. if you have a paper bag breathe into that, or otherwise cup your hands around your mouth. you can try in for four, out for four, though i think you should always try and breathe out for longer, so try in for 3 and out for 7.

get some nice cool water or a cup of tea. you feel sick from the adrenalin, i promise you will be okay. you must be hyped up because of your therapy, you really should go because you can talk about this morning with your therapist, and they can advise you on how to cope.

Take Care,
AP

Hayley1982
25-11-10, 16:38
I made it to my therapy got on the bus and train but had a panic attack when I got there x

Ella_Jayne
25-11-10, 16:59
Well done for still carrying on though. A lot of people would have just not went and sat at home worrying! You did really well :)