PDA

View Full Version : Why cant I get over it?

dazzler841
25-11-10, 12:07
HI All, new to here but hoping it will take me forward. I recently had an STI scare - got all clear but the effect of the fear of it totally consumed me and as a result was first time I suffered from anxiety.

What I am trying to understand and look to remedy is why I cant feel better? Why do I still fear it despite the result? Why does it embed itself in your head and become immoveable? Why does it creep up and take over?

What can I do to stop feeling like this? I try distraction and try to calm myself but it lasts a short time.

Its affecting all I do and I cant function at a normal level.. I feel damaged from the anxiety.

Thanks everyone x

sarahmac
25-11-10, 14:05
Hi there

Im new to here too. Have you tried any natural remedies? I am currently taking omega 3 caps which I do think are helping me think clearer and in return Im having some less anxious days. (today I am unfortunatly having a bad day)

There is an excellent thread somewhere on here about breathing. One thing that stuck with me is breath in from your stomach and clench your fists, then unclench your fists as you breath out. Also relax your tongue. Is your tongue rigid at the top of your mouth when you are feeling most anxious? Let it rest to the bottom of your mouth and see how you feel doing that.

I am also on day 3 of st johns wort. Fingers crossed they have a good effect on me :)

I hope your feeling better very soon. I wouldnt wish this anxiety on anybody xxx

dazzler841
26-11-10, 17:05
Thank you vey much for the breathing tip. I have also found the joy of camomille tea - very good. I am still in a tangle though with my thoughts - i cant believe how the fear grabs me. Then it takes over... I want the thoughts to stop.. I want to be back in control

sarahmac
26-11-10, 17:09
I know what you mean about how the fear grips you. Its quite powerfull!

Have you also tried bachs rescue remedy? I havnt yet but Ive seen it mentioned a few times so I'm going to get some tomorrow xx:hugs: