PDA

View Full Version : Atos/DWP -uuuuuurrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!

ditzygirl
25-11-10, 13:56
I really think I am going to loose it with Atos/DWP. I am fighting really really hard to get some quality of life with anxiety and depression.

Im sorry for anyone who is fighting like me to get some benefit, coz u dont want to hear this. Even after a home visit they are refusing to pay me. The decision was only made today and when I asked if I would be informed in writing they avoid the answer.

I am a nice person most of the time even when i feel crap, but this lot bring out the worst in me. They are giving out standard answers and can only post a appeal form 2nd class post and it wont be today - it takes time to go through the sysem!!! There is nothing wrong with me according to them and am fit to work oh and the sighing and huffing down the phone at me!!!!!!!!!

Sorry rant over !!!!!!!!!

I do believe Mr Cameron is wanting to know what would make us happy. A social service team that cared about old folk, a GP that listened, a family that took their fair share of looking after THEIR parents (not mine), and acceptance that anxiety and depression are debilitating!!!!!!!!!

And bbbrrrreeeeaaaattttthhhhh!!!!!!!!

Vixxy
25-11-10, 14:24
You've got 2 arms and 2 legs and a head (I'm assuming :p) Therefore you are fit to work! Doesn't matter if you can't leave the house, that you can't eat, that you have no concentration, that you feel faint and dizzy, that you don't sleep, that you're tired every morning and exhausted by the end of the day. *insert your own symptoms here*
It doesn't matter that you can barely make it food shopping, that if it weren't for your family looking after you, you would be a shell of a human, that you've not been on holiday in years, that you are too scared to have children, that you can't cope with relationships, that you have zilcho social life.

Of course you're fit for work!

... of course you are.

Would be great if the Atos assessment team could actually LIVE in our lives for just a day. Maybe even an hour would do it. Then I would like to see them try and refuse benefits to people who can barely do basic human functions, let alone hold down a job!!!

I'm sorry you've been treated like this Ditzy.

Katie6
25-11-10, 15:33
I know exactly how you feel, i had to go for a medical for my esa claim, this was so difficulat for me, i do have anxiety but also have a vestibular disorder, i have an auto-immune disorder and i have M.E, the journey alone was like climbing a mountain, i went into the room physically supported by husband as i get so weak, i spent the entire time lay on a couch as i was too dizzy to sit up, it took me about 2 weeks to recover, (i am ill to the point of bedridden) so it was huge for me.

I requested a copy of the report, and i was so annoyed at what i read, i put my self all through that to have the lady not put done my full answers, it was like she picked and chose bits that she felt would give me less points. I started the appeal process, but suprise suprise they lost my forms and i had to start all over again, which took a very long time, in the mean time whilst waiting for the appeal to be sorted i was getting letters trying to get me to go to work related activity meetings, which i had to keep cancelling, they seemed to not understand when i say, i can't even get downstairs in my house, or in the bath on my own, so how exactly do you think you can help me into work right now.

My appeal was succesfull and they placed me in the support group, but it was such a battle and i just didn't have the fight in me to do it, I am for getting people that don't need to be on benefits back to work, i would give anything to live a normal life, but the way people are treated that really need help is just not acceptable, sometimes an illness like anxiety can be more debilatating then some physical illness.

Don't the realise the sort of pressure and stress they put on people, may actually just prolong the illness.

Sorry rant over but it just makes so angry when we are ill and we are just not listened too.

Keep fighting don't give up, and hopefully they will listen in your appeal, if you need any advice on appeal etc feel free to pm me, i feel like i am a pro at it now lol
xx

ditzygirl
25-11-10, 17:00
Thanks guys I really appreciate your comments.
I have suffered on and off for years but the last year has been awful and I know why.

I am having a nightmare watching and nursing my inlaws. They are both elderley one is very sick, one is disabled. They need to go into a care home but no one will listen or help me. They have been in and out of hospital a lot over the last year. I can go to their house but can't do the hospital. Apart from the practical things I am dealing with, the emotional side of caring for them is really really hard. I come home in tears most of the time.
They have other children who love telling me what I should be doing to help THEIR parents but they won't do anything to help.
Their GP is no support what so ever, my partner is not very pro active but maybe he is struggling - its his parents!!!!
I just seem to spend every day battling with someone over their care or lack of it, making sure they have food - I can't do tesco so it all has to be done online.
I am doing my best to fight my own health issues but its not easy. The chap who did my Atos assessment was very good and explained that I would have to fight.
I told him everything I have been through in the last year and he told me NOT to entertain going back to work with all this going on. He was really supportive and understood completely but he did say its "number crunchers" making the decisions and they have no idea.

I'm meant to be looking after myself, learning breathing techniques etc but there are only 24 hours in a day!!!!!!

Sorry for going on I just need to get it off my chest!!!!!!!!!

Oh well best roll up my sleeves and keep fighting!!!!

Katie6
25-11-10, 17:56
I am sorry to hear you are going through such a hard time at the moment, no wonder you own health is suffering, it would be hard enough dealing with that whilst feeling on top of the world, let alone with an anxiety related illness. but you do sound like you are doing a great job.

Hope you get success with your appeal xx

lentils
25-11-10, 18:43
hi ditzygirl , sorry for what your going through as regards to atos healthcare this seems to be going the way i thought it would wre genuinly deserving people like yourself are being caught up in what i can only describe as a witch hunt , yes i agree that some thing should be done about the people that play the system but everyone seems to be treated the same and that seems unfair , i have a friend that works in atos as a receiponist and she tells me that word has come down from govenment to find the least little thing to get people off of health related benefits . wish you luck and keep fighting...lentils ...:yesyes: