PDA

View Full Version : depression, citalopram, alcohol and stuff..

tenderest
25-11-10, 14:22
Hi to all, I'm new here today, 43 year old lady from Kent. I have had many times with bulimia, manic highs, suicidal thoughts and alcohol. I eventually plucked up enough gumption to ask for help and have been on Citalopram 40-60mg for over a year now. I have also just started going to AA as my drinking in conjuction with medication were destroying me and my family, although at the time I thought I was fantastic - A nasty viscious circle which I'm set on breaking out of. You WILL get better, you are all wonderful lovely people out there you know! Get out there in nature, eat helthily, take care of and love yourself. Keep good people near to you and keep a polite distance from those who do not help you feel good about yourself. And don't do what I've gone and done, which is to stop seeing your GP. I had a lovely GP who moved away 8 months ago so I've just been repeating my prescription. Basically I dropped down on meds and started drinking to feel happy. Don't go there, I've only just rescued myself in time I think. Would love to chat to anyone out there. I have 2 teenage daughters with anxiety and depression too, we sound like a miserable lot but we're great reaally! x:biggrin:

diane07
25-11-10, 14:26
Hi tenderest

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

tenderest
25-11-10, 14:29
Thankyou x

paulst
25-11-10, 15:19
Hi tenderest, :welcome:to the forum, Im glad you found us.

recoil
25-11-10, 15:44
hi and :welcome: to nmp

Vanilla Sky
25-11-10, 22:49
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

JaneC
25-11-10, 22:56
:welcome: you sound like a strong person to have come through all that, some good advice in your post x