PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I get this out of my head? Can anyone help please?

Natalie x
25-11-10, 14:59
Hi. You may have seen my posts the other day about numbness in my face. Well, yesterday was a better day, but today I seem to have fallen backwards again into the spiral of panic.

This morning, my right leg felt a little weird, but this isn't the first time I have experiened it. It is although it feels numb or strange, but when I touch it I can feel it. I sit with my right leg over my left when I am at my desk so I'm not sure if this is what is causing the feeling. I have a bad right eye and ocassionally get pain from it, which I wasn't worried about. But as the day has gone on, every now and then the right side of my face feels funny and I keep worrying that it is numb. I keep prodding at it and poking it, touching both sides of my face and I can still feel it. Does this mean that it isn't numb after all?

I have got it in my head that this could be a stroke or that it is the start of one. I am only 19 and I have been doing so well with my h.a, but over the past week, I have took two step backwards again.

Can anyone please re-assure me that this is not a stroke? And has anyone ever had these symptoms?

Thanks x

Natalie x
25-11-10, 15:25
Anyone please? I have just googled and also read on here about mini strokes. Im terrified x

Ella_Jayne
25-11-10, 16:38
I know how you feel Natalie. I get things into my head which come and go and sometimes come back worse which makes me feel like I'm going around in a circle.

You are only 19 hun, a baby! Don't be worrying yourself about strokes, you won't have one, no chance!

I've heard cases of anxiety that have caused numbness and sometimes if your fixated on a particular health condition (strokes...) then symptoms magically appear ;)

I've been there myself many times with numerous of diseases. Please please don't waste your time worrying about having a stoke, it's NOT going to happen. I know it easier said than done and all that jazz but honestly you are just fine.

xxx :)

ccrazychik
25-11-10, 17:56
Hi Natalie, I went to the doctors last week & this week with exactly the same symptoms as you plus many more, I find it hard to believe that the numbness & tingling etc is down to stress and anxiety. Anyway she reassured AGAIN that, thats what its all down is.

Its so horrible and I know that its hard to get your head round, I wish I knew how to think more rationally and get these thoughts out of my head so that I could get on with my life.

I hope you get back to normal very soon :hugs:xx

Natalie x
25-11-10, 19:29
Thanks for your replies guys. I really hope you are both right. I scared myself a bit by looking up mini strokes. You would know all about it if you would have one wouldn't you? Also crazychick, do you ever get a feeling as though your face is drooping even though its not? x

daybyday
25-11-10, 19:36
Crossing your legs for a length of time and the tension in the neck at a computer simply puts pressure on the nerves. Nerve pressure give a slight numby or tingly feeling. Get up and move around more often and stretch.
:-)

Natalie x
25-11-10, 20:31
I think thats what may be causing the pain in my leg, but not sure of the face. I'm trying my hardest not to think about it but its getting to the stage where im scared to go out places :weep: x

sparkles71
25-11-10, 20:48
Hi Natalie, I also get this & it is my anxiety that brings it on. I have also had strokes (fully recovered) & as you said you would know if you had one, so please dont worry, try & distract yourself & hopefully it will go away . hope you feel better xx

Natalie x
25-11-10, 23:09
Thank you for the replies and sorry to hear about your stroke sparkles71. I've distracted myself a bit tonight and am now going to read my book before bed to take my mind off it x

paula lynne
25-11-10, 23:11
Good idea Nat, reading is excellent. PLEASE stop googling or you will undo all the good work you are trying to do by feeding anxiety. Hope you sleep well and feel better tomorrow honey x

Natalie x
26-11-10, 10:49
Thanks Paula. Hopefully i can keep distracted today by doing some shopping. The worries are all still in the back of my mind but im reali gonna try not to think about them and enjoy my day off :) x