PDA

View Full Version : Day 4 of Cipralex

Estranged
25-11-10, 15:58
Hi all
This is now day 4 of taking 5mcg of cipralex, I've experienced more of "that feeling" since being on this med then when I wasn't , before I would get that feeling, here and there, as mentioned it's way more frequent now.

When I say that feeling, I mean , fear, feeling sick, racing heart, I'm only at 5mcg, should I just stop taking them? And deal with getting that feeling far less then I'm getting it now?

Thanks

Estranged

vernon
25-11-10, 17:16
Hi, I started on Cipralex about 4 to 50 years ago; I was on Tricyclic antidepressants before that called anafranil. Anafranil was ok but was dangerous to have general anaesthetic and me afraid of staying awake for dentist work decided to change. I think I started on 5mg then moved up over a few weeks to 20mg. The first few weeks are never peasant but eventually they did work and pretty good at that. I went onto them as someone recommended them. I still have some pretty bad times as everyone with anxiety does but it does seem much better and the agoraphobia amongst other things where unbearable at that time. I really don’t know if the meds work or we change with time, but I don’t even think the doctors know that answer. I have often thought of reducing and coming off them but I am 62 and settled now so don’t rely want to go back and through that hell again. I think it is much better if you can to try not using any meds, but if it is unbearable why not try something to help. But as I said it does take weeks to months to kick in fully, hope this is of some help. Vernon