PDA

View Full Version : diazapan withdrawel?

ems43
25-11-10, 17:47
Just looking for a bit of advice really. I have been suffering with severe anxiety for about 3 months. Didn't use any diazapan at first as was scared of becomign addicted. Then things got really bad on an ssri I was on and I was told to use them as needed. Never took them daily, but probably at least 10mg or so over a week ( this is about 1.5 months ago). Anyway, anxiety increased more recenty, so was taking them daily from 30th October until this sunday. Psychiatrist kept assuring me that I would not get addicted and told me to take up to 20mg a day due to the level of anxiety! I have never taken more than 15mg ( only once) and have tried to take only 2.5mg a day. Anyway, I started a new med, pregablin, on Tuesday. Psychiatrist told me to continue with the diazapan if needed, but I feel so stoned/ tired on the pregablin I was determined not to take the diazapan and just stop them. Anyway, my anxiety has really been through the roof the last few days, I know I was anxious about starting the meds etc, but the depersonalisation is out of this world at the moment. I just wondered if anyone thought this could be due to benzo withdrawrel, as I guess i did take them every day for over a month? If so, what should I do?? xxx

paula lynne
25-11-10, 21:39
Hiya, I had quite bad withdrawels and I was taking 5mg a day, but to be honest, drinking a bottle of wine a day probably didnt help. My gp just stopped prescribing them one day...and it was the worst 2 monthes of my life....but once your on the other side, and accept the anxiety and panic, I promise you, the panic will start to subside because you accept it. Its never a good idea to stop completely, have a word with your gp/psych about a tailored plan that is safe.
Dont forget, you werent taking this till 3 monthes back, before that, you coped without them. You will again, have faith in yourself and try and be positive, get through the next couple of weeks and you will be feeling much better Im sure. x

ems43
25-11-10, 22:57
Hi Paula, thanks for getting back to me? How are you feelign now? I'm just so confused if I am experiencig withdrawrel or if its side effect/ psychosomatic anxiety due to taking new meds. I was only taking 2.5 a day generally, so I'm just wondering if i should break it in half and take that.. or if im not in withdrawrel i don't want to keep taking them? My pdoc is lovely buy very blase about diazpan.... everythime i have been... even when was only taking about twice a week i would mention about physical dependence and he would say he had no concerns about me coming addicted.... and i did tell them i have taken them every day for a month and he said not to worry, it takes a good few months of contionious use to become dependent! So confused...... xx

paula lynne
25-11-10, 23:02
Hi, it may be a combination of withdrawel, and new meds. I think your pysch has a very strange attitude towards daizepam...it is dangerous and highly addictive after all. Anyway, if I were you, take the dose your regular gp has prescribed, and if you are not happy, go back to your gp and go through it with them again, it may reassure you x

Im ok now, thanks x just flu! xxxx:hugs: