PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety caused by unwanted thoughts...any advice?

humanagain
25-11-10, 22:22
Hi all,

New here...on day 8 of CITALOPRAM and having a very rough ride, hoping that they kick in soon. Morning anxiety at level 10.

Let me explain my history...I have had two boughts of very bad anxiety:

The first happened the day after I was panicking and upset, and obsessed that I didn't know where my son was on holiday with his grandparents (seperated with his mom). I downed half a bottle of Bacardi and woke up a very, very different person filled with anxiety.

(I was taking an ECA stack for wieght loss at the time, ephadryne apparently stimulates the noradrenaline transmitter in the brain, and I have always wondered if this was partially the cause mixed with the alcohol).

I was prescribed diazapam, and Sertraline (which rendered me in bed with obsessive unwanted thoughts) so my doc swapped me to Lofapramine, which after time, seemed to work. (Lofrapramine works on both Seratonin and noradrenaline - mental note - could my problems be regards to effects of ECA stack and noradrenaline issues, thus I should be on lofapramine now, being the more suitable drug?)

The second (now), when I was having a really rough time with work, and I started to get obsessive about my partners past relationship.

I started seeing a councellor due to the obsessive nature and unwanted thoughts in regards to my partners past, and after a rough time and realising i have been putting her through hell, and a small breakdown in the doctors office, have been prescribed with CIT and have to return after 2 weeks. I have also been refered to a Psycologist, which no doubt will take time for the details to surface.

CIT seems to have made matters worse, but I keep seeing glimpses of light at the end of the tunnel. But am unsure.

To explain my anxiety and symptoms, it seems like I get anxiety for nothing from time to time, but when i get it in the morning, there is a unwanted voice in my head and it always wants to open a little black box of thoughts, thoughts about my fiances past relationship, thoughts I have no need to dwell upon, and I know it does me no good to do so, as soon as I open the box mentally, I get anxious. Sometimes i have no choice, the thoughts are brought upon by a connection my brain makes through something else (something on tv for example)

Horses running in my chest, tense, hard to breath etc. and this stays for a good while, at the same time i have no choice but to dwell on the other thoughts.

My main question is, do you think my anxiety is causing the unwanted obsessive reoccuring thoughts, or vise versa?

I wish I could find a solution, and fast....

Sorry for the ramblings....

paula lynne
25-11-10, 22:48
Hi, Im sorry you are feeling like this at the moment. Its a hard question. I think it comes down to anxiety personally. We have these thoughts and our anxiety turns them into some kind of monster that wont go away.

There is a great cd you can get, its called "feel the fear and do it anyway" by susan jeffers. She talks a lot about what she calls "the chatterbox"....that horrid little voice in your head that you cant switch off, making you feel useless/paranoid/confused etc. Lots of people on here read her books and listen to her tapes/cds etc, maybe you could give it a go. Hope you feel better soon, best wishes x:)