PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness and 24hr heart monitor

Del1970
26-11-10, 07:55
I went to my doctors quite a few weeks ago after seeing the emergency doctor with a panic/anxiety attack (I did think I was going to die at the time), I told my own GP that I was feeling dizzy a lot so he sent me for a 24hr heart monitor to be fitted to see if my heart was causing the dizziness, (I had this done last week) I rang yesterday to find out any results and the receptionist said I needed to make an appointment to see my GP, she booked me in for Monday, well I had to nip to the doctors to pic up my babies prescription too yesterday so had to ask was there something wrong that I needed to see the doctor!:blush: because i'd started panicing and palpataions got worse so she looked at the letter and said No its just routine and the doctor will go through the results with you:unsure: Do you think if there had been something serious they would have seen me sooner? (has anyone else had one fitted and if so what was the procedure?) Also the palapatations only come after the dizziness has started because i'm always scared of falling or worse still fainting with baby to look after - Sorry for waffling on but really am looking for answers and worry a lot over everything

Adele
x

Katie6
26-11-10, 08:24
I have had a 24 hr monitor on 3 occasions, due to fast heart rate and dizzyness, on 2 of the occasions i had to wait to see the doctor for my results and on the other occasion the consultant wrote me, on all occasions my results were all ok. I was told that if there were a problem they would contact me straight away, i think that is the usual proceedure x

Del1970
26-11-10, 08:42
Ohhh, thankyou so much for your reply Katie6, its much appreciated and made me feel better:yesyes:

Ella_Jayne
26-11-10, 12:20
I wore a 24hour monitor too and usually if they find anything wrong they contatct you ASAP. But with me everything was fine so I just had, like you, a routine appointment. I wore it for dizziness too and also palps. I'm sure your results are all good, you definitely would have contacted by now if they weren't.

xxx :)

Del1970
26-11-10, 13:10
Thankyou also Ella_Jayne for your reply, Its made me feel better knowing that you have experienced this before!

Panic/Anxiety....its a starnge thing and love to know all the answers of how to beat it for good!

Thanks again you two xx:bighug1: