PDA

View Full Version : Headaches 24/7 - Fluoxetine?

Calm Brereze
26-11-10, 12:21
Hi all, since I have been taking Fluoxetine, 20mg once daily, I have been getting headaches 24/7. Normally they are across the front of my forehead but occassionally I feel like my head is going to explode.

Is it possible that the Fluoxetine could be causing this? I have been taking it for 4 weeks now and I saw my doctor 2 days ago and told him about these headaches, but he said to give it another 2-3 weeks to see if it stops. Doesn't that seem like a long time?

As all of you with HA know, this sort of thing doesn't help, so I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Mel

Carly Lou
26-11-10, 12:31
Hey... well same situation but different meds... I have been on mirtazapine for 4 weeks... and for this 5th week i have had a headache all day everyday, across the forehead, almost like a tension headache, as you can imagine my anxiety is slipping through, and ive been feeling brilliant on my meds the last few weeks... its not as bad as a migrane, but sometimes paracetomal shifts it, sometimes it doesnt.... so argh.... im so glad im not the only one having a horrendous headache week.... for me it is either the meds... or because this is the week of my period... either way i just want it to go away, hope this helps... atleast your not alone xxxxx

Calm Brereze
26-11-10, 13:37
Hi Carly, thanks for that. :) It's the same with me, sometimes Paracetamol eases it, sometimes it doesn't, but I can't blame it on periods because I am male. :)

I don't have any other symptoms so I'm trying to be positive and blame it on the meds, the Doc said if it persisted then he would change my meds, which would be a shame because I seem to be doing well, anxiety wise, with the Fluoxetine.

Mel xx

shaggyowen
26-11-10, 14:03
hi im on flouxetine its helped me with my anxiety alot and my depression but it dosent kick it fully havent had the head aches though but it dose say it can cause head aches

Calm Brereze
26-11-10, 14:55
Hi shaggy, thanks for the input, I read that it could cause headaches, just seems to be a long time for me, but I'm pleased to hear it helped a lot with your anxiety. I'm also due to start CBT early next month, so hopefully that will help too. :)

Mel

shaggyowen
26-11-10, 15:49
=]

mrsworry
26-11-10, 21:38
hi mel i have had a headache round my forehead now for over a week and i cant get rid of it .i dont normally suffer with them so course im imagining all sorts i too take fluoxetin but have been on it over 2 yrs and havent had any issues with it before. went to doc who said could be sinus issue and given me antibiotics but i really dont think it is that . Also been refered to mental health person but dont know how long that will take mean while going slightly insane with worry which wont be helping the head... mine also sometimes aches around my jaw and down the sides of my face too???:weep: