PDA

View Full Version : face collapse?

daisycake
26-11-10, 13:13
Was lifting a heavy suitcase and half my face collapsed - on the opposite side to the suitcase I was holding - as if numbed... Is this normal? It's gone back to normal now.. It happened once ages ago and was fine but I'm scared?

daisycake
26-11-10, 13:18
please x

PokerFace
26-11-10, 13:23
Actually collapsed? Or just went numb? x

daisycake
26-11-10, 13:23
I don't know,couldnt see, felt like it collapsed - like felt like it was pulled down - but its gone back to normal now

daisycake
26-11-10, 13:24
could it be muscle strain, like I said same thing happended in same circumstances a year ago

PokerFace
26-11-10, 13:26
Hmm, I thought my face had collapsed once on my left side, felt numb and like it was heavy and dragging. I ran to the mirror though and everythin was still in place! I think its just a symptom of muscle tension in your face? I clench that side of my jaw a lot so I guess that side of my face is tense a lot too. xx

daisycake
26-11-10, 13:29
OK.. It was about 45 min ago now so I guess I'm most likely ok

Going home
26-11-10, 13:30
Daisy, there is a condition called Bell's Palsy where the muscles of one side of your face can freeze or drop but it usually lasts days or weeks rather than just a few hours. It could be a kind of muscle palsy triggered by anxiety or reaction to meds, so might be best to speak to your doctor's surgery about it.

Anna xx

PokerFace
26-11-10, 13:31
Most definatley! You're fine hun, really does sound like your muscles playin up xx

daisycake
26-11-10, 13:34
Daisy, there is a condition called Bell's Palsy where the muscles of one side of your face can freeze or drop but it usually lasts days or weeks rather than just a few hours. It could be a kind of muscle palsy triggered by anxiety or reaction to meds, so might be best to speak to your doctor's surgery about it.

Anna xx

Ok thanks, might mention, it was fine as soon as I put the suitcase down but I'm not sure..

Going home
26-11-10, 13:51
Although twice in 12 months isn't alot and if only for a few moments it wouldn't be anything serious. But your thread title says your face collapsed.

Anna xx

Natalie x
26-11-10, 23:42
Hi Daisy. If you have a look at my previous threads you will see i had a similar experience a few days ago. I was leaning over putting my socks on when i got up and my face felt sort of numb and as though it had fallen. My Mum said it may just be the nerves in my face or because maybe all the blood had rushed to my face. It has led to me worrying over strokes but im trying not to think that way x