PDA

View Full Version : Breast Surgery results

kitn77
26-11-10, 16:41
Hi I found a small lump in my breast last week, my Dr sent me for an ultrasound, they couldn't find it, so they sent me to a Surgeon he could feel it but said it felt cystic and given my age (33), no family history and good health it was unlikely to be sinister but I could either watch it to see if it grew or have it taken out and tested. I opted for that and had that done on Wednesday. The Surgeon rang me late Weds and said he had the preliminary result from the lab back and it didn't show signs of malignancy but the full report should be back in a week and not to worry. I am a little bit reassured but still scared till the full result comes back and am suffering anxiety over it. I'm feeling quite sore and sorry for myself and feeling generaly yukky after the surgery and am recovering at home. Do you think I can rest and relax now? I've been thru hell this past week worrying about breast cancer. He said it was very tiny the lump and he tried to stress to me on the phone so far so good and no malignancy. Anyone give me any tips to get through this worry? Thank you. :)

jillyb
26-11-10, 17:09
Hi Kitn, that's great news!!! I don't think he would have phoned you if he thought there was any chance of it being nasty. My daughter-in-law (about your age) went through the same thing when she was living in the States and it was absolutely nothing sinister and never would be, she was told. I think the only thing you can do to try and relax is to distract yourself - easier said than done, I know!!!! Take care x

kitn77
26-11-10, 17:13
Thanks Jilly, I appreciate it. I am living with my hubby in the States for his work and it makes it harder when you have to go thru something like this when you are away from home, thus the worrying is worse! I keep trying to tell myself he wouldn't have rang me and told me it looked ok if it wasn't. I'm actually going to get stuck into making my Christmas cards today, see if that distracts me!

jillyb
26-11-10, 17:35
Good idea! It was the same for my daughter-in-law - my son was in Washington DC for his work when Becky found her lump. Fortunately she is not a worrier (oh to be like her!) but it was doubley worse being away from home and family and with my son having to fly off here, there and everywhere. How long have you been over there? and where? . His latest territory is India but he doesn't have to live there! Just spends weeks at a time over there, getting tummy bugs! They loved their time in the States, and as Becky didn't have a job she ended up helping at a dog rescue place and bringing a dog back to the UK - very expensive, company wouldn't pay for the dog's airfare!!! x

kitn77
26-11-10, 19:42
I'm in Miami, we've been here for 4 years. It's lovely but we miss home, we hope to move home in 1-2 years. We are heading home for Christmas though on Dec 8, so looking forward to that and seeing our family. I just can't wait for the post-op pain to go and feel better. Every time I get anxiety I just try to tell myself what the Surgeon said and how he never thought it was a cancerous thing in the first place. I'm just a big worrier that's why I'm here lol..

paula lynne
26-11-10, 20:08
Hi kitn, sounds very positive to me, you have to try and trust whats been said to you. Hard I know with anx love. Well, hows things in Miami, in my little welsh valley weve got lots of snow, utterley beautiful, looks like switzerland! bbbbrrr x