PDA

View Full Version : Breathing and help!

dodo
26-11-10, 17:28
I was just doing my relaxation cd. Every time I relaxed I seemed to jolt awake with a rush feeling all over me. I can't take another night of this, any suggestions?

Also while I was relaxing I found I could relax my whole body but not my chest. I woke up feeling like under my bust was being sucked in and I just couldn't no matter how I tried relax the muscles of my chest or under my bust. I kept thinking then if the photo you see on the ambulance of the man having a heart attack and an elastic band being pulled in around him and thinking it was a similar sensation. Is it my heart? Should I worry?

The relaxing thing is getting to me as I feel like I'm still awake but also feel like I'm going to pass out. Is this just my body wanting to sleep? Then I feel like my hearts stopped and i am awake again and on edge. My heart isn't racing but I am now fearful of bedtime again.

countrygirl
26-11-10, 18:10
Dodo I am having similar problems getting to sleep - I just posted about my first hypnotherapy appt and that awful rushing sinking feeling that I get every time I relax ready for sleep also happened when the hypno was getting me into a relaxed state.

If it anything like I feel its really horrible and scary - my heart does't race either but it does seem to beat hard after each rush/fall. it is taking me about an hour or two to get to sleep at night with it and then when I wake up about 6am and try to go back to sleep it comes back again.

I hate it - I last had it about 7 yrs ago and it lasted for about 6 months I think. tonight I am going to try and see if going to sleep sat up makes any difference don't think it will as the sensation seems to be tied to relaxing not position. I also feel as if when I beathe out I am stopping breathing and this is whent he sensation hits me.

If you want to pm me and discuss it in more detail would be happy to hear from you.

dodo
26-11-10, 18:16
That sounds exactly the same. Did you mention it to your hypnotherapist? I am wondering if they told you what it was? I presume it is 'normal' but scary.

JAYQ
26-11-10, 18:45
I get this sometimes and have posted about it. I was not getting any sleep because of it and i would always jerk awake very violently 6 or 7 times while falling asleep that would keep me awake even longer. Just would feel like my heart was stopped and i was no longer breathing.

My breathing always feels shallow mostly at times, like right now it feels pretty restricted but i am sorta getting use to it but it still gets to me at times. I hate it a lot dont get me wrong as it is not very comfortable, especailly on the mind. After so many tests thou and always exercising and feeling fine i am doing my best to accept its only anxiety and just to say you know what, "its anxiety and therefore i am breathing this way and let it continue to do so."

Sometimes like a few times yesterday i will get strong anxiety spurts that feel like its gonna make me pass out but wont last too long because i again say to myself, gosh here comes the anxiety again, and just let it do its thing. It will still put me on edge for a few mins though as it can still get very uncomfortable but over time i guess,after all the testing, i becoming more and more acceptive.

I still come on here a lot and the chat at times for reassurance, because i still need that regardless at times especially when the spurts are even stronger and lasting a bit longer than usual. I guess i am at the point of tired of fighting it pursay, and just accepting whatever happens, happens attitude. I have enough stressors in my life that i dont need this too, like my skin/acne issues which i beleive gave me the anxiety over time anyway.

It is very hard to accept it as being "normal" in anxiety terms, i still second guess at times but not as much as i use too and that has def helped. Good luck to you! :hugs:

candicemarie88
27-11-10, 01:58
Hi, I am finding it extremely dfficult to sleep at all at the moment. I fear that I will stop breathing and as if my heart is suddenly stopping and skipping beats.. it's such a scary and overwhelming feeling. I feel very unwell at the moment and am always breathless.

I can't stop thinking about my heart/breathing and about having a heart attack. My heart keeps fluttering, I have constant indegestion and I feel so sick I can hardly eat. I just want to live my life and feel as though i can't because of my constant anxiety and panic.

I am literally scared every hour of the day and can't sleep anymore because I'm constantly tossing, turning, checking my pulse and experience muscle spasms. I really feel for you and just wanted to let you know you're not alone. :)