PDA

View Full Version : just got an electric shock, help :/

shaggyowen
27-11-10, 00:10
my laptop changer is broke, the plastic caseing round the is it a transformer? has came off, and i stood on it and i got a fuzzy shock on my foot and then i unpluged it and then went to touch it and got a fuzzy shock on my hand/ up my arm will i be ok or will i die :/ ? i really dont want to die, i read on the internet that i will be fine my mate is an electrician and said a while back thaqt you cant die from house electric so yeh im fine and im writeing now but with anxiety you can only imagine what im feeling and whats going thoguh my head, so any help would be most apresiated =] :w00t2:

miss_moose
27-11-10, 00:14
If it was a dangerous shock, you would have been flung accross the room.
You can buy little electric shock games from Argos that give you a buzzy zap when you put your finger in.

You are fine:)

shinderuko
27-11-10, 00:17
I got an electric shock from the shower last year. I'm still here :yesyes:

suzy-sue
27-11-10, 00:20
Yes you will be ok ..Get something done about it ,it could cause a fire if you leave it on when you go out or go to bed .Get some insulating tape and secure it ,but make sure power is off first lol ...t/c Sue x

shaggyowen
27-11-10, 00:22
thanks people just being silly starting to calm down now =] thanks for your help just gave me a scare iv been shocked b4 i put my finger in a fridge light bulb hole and got fuzzed about but didnt get hit or chucked back and i was fine lol

shaggyowen
27-11-10, 00:22
yeh iv unpluged it now and im not gonna use it anymore time to buy a new 1 i think lol =]

suzy-sue
27-11-10, 01:00
Yes good idea I think :D..Glad you feeling better Shaggy .. sue x

gaaron
27-11-10, 01:04
Just read this. Glad you're ok x

shaggyowen
27-11-10, 09:03
hey people yeh im good just tired 2day as went to sleep at like 2:30 and got up at 6 :/

mikewales
28-11-10, 19:26
Just to put your mind at rest, I'm a degree qualified electrical / electronic engineer, and you have nothing to worry about.

If you are going to be hurt or killed by a shock, it will be straight away when it happens, not later on, so if you managed to type about it, you are fine !

I dont reccomend it, but I have electrocuted myself quite a few times, and apart from some swearing, have never had had any injuries