PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been prescribed Anti Psychotics ?

FRANKIEISBACK
18-03-06, 15:22
My psychiatrist has said she sometimes adds a low dose of an antipsychotic to antidepressants, has anyone used these?

she is suggesting respiridone at o.5 mgs

I like how she has given me the choice rather than tell me

nomorepanic
18-03-06, 15:27
Frankie

There are some other posts about this so use the search facility at the top right and that as a key word and you will find them.

Nicola

FRANKIEISBACK
18-03-06, 16:03
sorry, thanks will do

nomorepanic
18-03-06, 16:38
It's not a problem - I just don't have time to look them up for you but I know there are some.

Nicola

nomorepanic
18-03-06, 23:32
Anyone ever had risperdal? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8415)

Nicola

chop
19-03-06, 09:25
I have tried a few but they zonked me out too much. Some have success though. I guess it depends on your body and type of anxiety and the feelings you hate.

I personally dont want to be panic but I also hate being zonked out but we all have different side effects on each med. Try it, maybe in a smaller dose (even smaller) if your worried and build up? Ask Dr though.

From my experience, I found seroquel (quietapine) better than risperadal but I didnt like either. Seroquel seems to have less side effects than the both but each to their own. Not trying to scare you as the side effects were not bad, just felt zonked out and the research I did on both, more were sedated by risperadal but that may be what you need too?

Cheers
Chop

Learning to under react

jennijiniper
24-03-06, 17:29
Hi Frankie,
I was prescribed a drug which had a psychotic drug in it called Motival. The phsycotic ingredient in it is Fluphenazine as well as the anti depressant part which is Nortryptyline. I have been on this drug for over 27 years and am now having to withdraw from it due to the drug company taking it off the market. Its being an absolute nightmare to get off and I have and still am feeling very ill and I have only cut the dose down by a third so far. I only have 15 weeks of supply left so its not a good thought!
To answer your question though if you take the two drugs seperately and not in a compound pill like I was prescribed when the time does come to wean yourself off it will be an awful lot easier as you can cut down and get off one of the drugs at a time. It certainly helped me at the time it was prescibed as I was suffering from post natal depression. HOWEVER I should never have been left on it for the amount of time I was so please take heed and don't stay on any drug a minute more than you have to.
Hope this helps a bit and good luck
Jenny

J P Thomas