PDA

View Full Version : Worried over head pain. Help, hightned state of anxiety

Natalie x
27-11-10, 11:35
Hi. Last night when i was in bed i had a really sharp head pain at the top right of my head and it sort of felt like it was pulsing. This sent me into a state of anxiety and all of a sudden i had this strange feeling as though i was falling or like i was drifting off. I immediately thought something was wrong and i still am a little anxious. I am in the house myself at the moment but my boyfriend is on his way over. Can anyone relate to this? Thanks x

Natalie x
27-11-10, 12:51
Anyone please? Major panic now x

candicemarie88
28-11-10, 03:18
I also experience sharp pains in my head from time to time, aswell as tension headches. This started about 5 years ago, and i was convinced that i had a brain tumour, but my doc exaplined it was down to stress/axiety... i even had tests done at hospital, so i accpted that i did not have a brain tumour. i still get the headaches, and yeah i worry, especially when the pain killers dont work, but i just tell myself its stress related. sometimes it might be best to write things down, it helps you put things into perspective and think more clearly.

With regards to feeling as if you were falling, i have had that too, especially at night time, nd the drifting feeling, as if im dying and will stop breathing. I also have these kind of out of body feelings, or that im not real, i think its called depersonalisation disorder... as if im observing myself and not actully in my own skin... it makes me feel dizzy, faint and breathless.

it's all anxiety, our bodies are just too aware of everything and that just makes us even worse. I hope youre feeling okay now? are you on any medication atm? x