PDA

View Full Version : reasurrance needed please

bronte
27-11-10, 14:57
Hi i have been suffering with ibs quite badly lately with bad lower left pelvic pain and bloating so went to the doctors who knows i suffer from health anxiety she examined my stomach and when she presssed on my lower left the pain was worse and she said she could feel a spasm in the loop of my bowel there and that was causing the pain i told her i was worried about bowel cancer and she said i was perfectly ok ive got no symptoms of bowel cancer i had a clear colonoscopy 3 years ago and my stomach felt normal and that she wasnt at all concerned and that i had no significant bowel cancer and so stop worrying it was the no significant bowel cancer that freaked me out what does she mean is she saying i have insignificant bowel cancer:ohmy: could someone please put my mind at rest and tell me what she meant should i be worried she wouldnt send me away thinking that i had some thing she wasnt sure about would she x

chris_1982
27-11-10, 16:08
I can't really help with your symptoms but can tell you there is no way she would have left you if there were any signs of bowel cancer. She probably meant you have no significant signs of bowel cancer and these doctors know exactly what to look for. With your past tests and her investigations I would say there is no chance you have bowel cancer. What I would do is go and book another appointment with the doc and get her to put your mind at rest and explain it more clearly to you. Anyway hope you symptoms clear up soon.

Chris

bronte
27-11-10, 17:23
thankyou chris1982 you have made me feel so much better and now you have made me think rationally i now know what she proberly meant thankyou so much x