PDA

View Full Version : Upper abdomen discomfort & lump in throat

honeyp1e
27-11-10, 15:11
:weep:
I have started getting this upper abdomen discomfort like some1 is squeezing the center just below my breasts or like i have just eaten something and its stuck there, i also get that lump in throat feeling :(
does anyone get these feelings if so what are they as i just cant eat when i get the abdomen tight feeling i have had all kinds of tests at my A&E to only find that NOTHING is wrong ECG, blood tests, xrays etc... and NOTHING so why does this keep coming bk ???? when will it finally go away ?i just want it gone so i can eat normal x

Clairalou
27-11-10, 15:39
Just wondering if anyone has mentioned acid reflux cos that can cause those problems your exprencing! I get them too but I have gastritis! Hope you feel better soon!

xx

honeyp1e
27-11-10, 15:59
the doctor said it couls be acid reflux but i only get it now and then and it sometimes never burns i thought acid reflux wud burn ?

Clairalou
27-11-10, 16:19
No hun it doesn't always burn and it can just come now and again! So people just get it once or twice a year others have it all the time. Ive got gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining) im sick of the feeling somethings stuck in throat!!

Xxx

honeyp1e
27-11-10, 18:31
oh well i will have to go bk docs see what they say to describe it a bit better it feels like a bad indigestion feeling in my upper abdomen that wont budge....:mad: but gets worse if am anxious or having a panic attacks etc.... and can last hours, days

dodo
27-11-10, 18:38
If you're having a panic attack does the feeling come higher up in your chest?

nomorepanic
27-11-10, 19:27
I would say acid reflux / indigestion and no it doesn't always burn but does cause chest pain/discomfort and throat/swallowing problems

honeyp1e
27-11-10, 20:12
If you're having a panic attack does the feeling come higher up in your chest?

yes if am panicking i find it does rise higher into my chest bt also stays in upper abdomen still have it now just like a bad indigestion feeling its killing i had a piece of toast at 6pm about 6.20pm the pain started

honeyp1e
27-11-10, 20:13
I would say acid reflux / indigestion and no it doesn't always burn but does cause chest pain/discomfort and throat/swallowing problems

can anxiety / panic cause you to get indigestion? i do find the pain can start when am having or had a panic attack

dodo
27-11-10, 20:45
Yes I think it can. I had a big panic earlier when out and I started getting chest pains which made me worse.

When I calmed down I started butting and getting gurgling in my throat.

What I want to know is can the acid or reflux give you pains in your throat? Like sharp pains?

joannap
27-11-10, 20:58
this can be completely down to anxiety - i had exactly what you describe - it felt so tight i could not breathe - like i had been kicked and i had an endoscopy - nothing to see whatsoever and i did not get acid or anything like this - i had it on and off for 2 years. when i accepted there was nothing wrong and realised that i was also tensing my stomach muscles all the time - it went away.

i do now have reflux (diagnosed with endoscopy) and get the awful burning and tightness but it is different from the tension symptoms i had several years ago. if you have had lots of tests - try to just accept it as tension - it may feel uncomfortable but it cannot hurt you x

honeyp1e
28-11-10, 08:56
Yes I think it can. I had a big panic earlier when out and I started getting chest pains which made me worse.

When I calmed down I started butting and getting gurgling in my throat.

What I want to know is can the acid or reflux give you pains in your throat? Like sharp pains?

yes i get bad sharpe pains in my throat like it has been cut its horrible when swollowing x

honeyp1e
28-11-10, 08:57
yes this is what am thinking IT IS all just anxiety its just the burning can be so extreme at times :(

honeyp1e
28-11-10, 11:49
this can be completely down to anxiety - i had exactly what you describe - it felt so tight i could not breathe - like i had been kicked and i had an endoscopy - nothing to see whatsoever and i did not get acid or anything like this - i had it on and off for 2 years. when i accepted there was nothing wrong and realised that i was also tensing my stomach muscles all the time - it went away.

i do now have reflux (diagnosed with endoscopy) and get the awful burning and tightness but it is different from the tension symptoms i had several years ago. if you have had lots of tests - try to just accept it as tension - it may feel uncomfortable but it cannot hurt you x

i do always get the burning feeling in my upper abdomen esp if i havent eaten much which i dont really due to loss of appetite from my anxiety and i feel that i have to keep swollowing 24/7 when i have this feeling in my upper abdomen and throat x:weep: i just want to eat normal again

joannap
29-11-10, 17:47
you can still eat even though you feel uncomfortable - i have to eat every few hours otherwise my stomach feels worse but i know how awful it can be. all day it has felt like i cannot breathe!

honeyp1e
22-12-10, 18:35
you can still eat even though you feel uncomfortable - i have to eat every few hours otherwise my stomach feels worse but i know how awful it can be. all day it has felt like i cannot breathe!

yes i dont really like to eat when my stomach is feeling that way and as i have a phobia of vomitning anything up with my stomach i just start panicing and i think if i eat with a nervous stomach then i will vomit etc..

kirstyt
22-12-10, 18:40
Hi hun.ive suffered acid reflux for 3yrs now and ur symptoms r exactly the same as mine!they also think i may have a hernia too!!ive had to cut out so many thingz in my diet!it definatly sounds like it is acid reflux!

honeyp1e
22-12-10, 21:05
Hi hun.ive suffered acid reflux for 3yrs now and ur symptoms r exactly the same as mine!they also think i may have a hernia too!!ive had to cut out so many thingz in my diet!it definatly sounds like it is acid reflux!

well on the 31st after my scope hopefully i will no what it finally is..
how do you cope with it what can you eat ? i have a bad sweet tooth so cutting out on all this chocolate and that my body is having bad cravings so i still have little choc here and there but then it kills me and then somedays i can have choc and it wont bother me at all but if it does bother me the burning pain now starts right on my right shoulder blade ???? do u ever have that there ?