PDA

View Full Version : This time last year i was really bad and i can feel it returning

Chris2000
27-11-10, 16:00
This time last year was the start of a desperate period for me suffering with crying fits and terrible thoughts, i went on meds in december and didnt start felling better till February. I can feel the start of it coming back again and im not sure i can do months of it all over again!! Im still on meds so its all the more disheartening. From February till October i felt good almost normal...............im so afraid of all this once more

lizzie29
27-11-10, 16:11
Do you think it could be anything to do with the dark mornings and nights? I know I tend to feel worse in the winter, and I desperately want the spring to come back! Did you notice it being in time with the clocks changing or anything like that?

ems43
27-11-10, 16:49
Hi Chris, if you are noticing early warning signs of your anxiety creeping back then book apt with GP. It may be just a blip, or may be a sign that your meds need to be increased. I know it is terrifying to feel you are going back, but you may have just taken a few steps back, make a list of how you have improved, even though you aren't feeling too good right now, compared to this time last year xx

Dragonsblonde
27-11-10, 18:49
Hey there

I have spoken to so many people who are struggling with blips or setbacks at the moment. Winter will do it to us if anything will, I myself have dipped this week again. Have you tried any CBT tips or Meditation to just ease yourself into the new season? Also take it as a good sign that you are recognising the signs early, it means you have come a long way since the beginning

JT69
28-11-10, 15:25
Hi Chris,

I too have had conversations with people that are feeling down etc...I also think it is the time of year and that it is common at the moment.

Think how far you have come...I think it is natural to feel as you do when going through a blip...I too have felt like that as I also was going through an awful time this time last year and you just get convinced it is all coming back.

It wont...you wait and see and you will feel alot better before you know it.

Take care
Jo.xx

Gemzy
28-11-10, 18:09
sounds a little as though u might be suffering with seasonal affective disorder, possibly??????? try googling it and see what they recommend, i know lamps and things are one thing but sunbeds are sometimes a little contravertial

AJS
28-11-10, 18:32
Hey Chris

My anxiety and PA's all started last Oct - went on meds in Dec and was doing a whole lot better from around march- end sept. Then the dark nights came in and i didnt like it - then i started thinking "oh no it all happened this time last year" etc etc and had a blip or a little setback - so i called my counsellor and went back to see her again and have managed to get back on track again and even cut down my meds a bit!

So far the secret of challenging my negative thinking - which is all the time - seems to be helping. I forever wonder "what if" and predict bad things that might happen - but have come to realise that no one can predict the future and that it's only all in my head. It's very difficult to get out of my way of thinking and i have to work on it every day - but even being more aware of how my thinking is effecting my mood, behaviour, panic and anxiety helps.

Speak to your doctor - but be assured that you have already fought one battle and got through it - learning how to cope and learning that there are ways to get better - so you will not get as bad as you were!

Chin up x

ps - i started going for a sunbed once a fortnight as well to get some vitamin d (which we dont get in the winter)and it's ten mins of relaxation :-)

Chris2000
28-11-10, 22:53
Hi everyone thanks for responding, I hope this is just a blip but the fact I feel like this around the same time as last year scares me stupid, I really don't want to have to increase my meds there already quite high but I will see how the next week goes.

manx_kitty
29-11-10, 01:52
Hi,im going through exactly the same thing at the moment,my anxiety started round about early november last year and i didn't start feeling better until about may. I definately think its to do with the winter.

jaded jean
29-11-10, 07:44
Hi there I am 'dipping' at the moment too. I call it the ' anniversary' of all things but I know its one thing I can do without too!!
I have had a very full past 3 days busying up for christmas. This time last year I was in bed - for a month and the thought of going back terrifies me but I know that it wont happen . We might dip but we have to hold that thought that it is a momentary and we will come out of it. We shouldnt beat ourselves up about it either , It takes time .
Stay Strong. Jean

blueangel
29-11-10, 09:00
I'm definitely an SAD person - I've had it for years, and I notice it first of all when the clocks are put back in the autumn. It puts me into this world of eternal night and I hate it. I sometimes wonder whether it's because I grew up in a very cold, dark house, and most of my memories of the house itself are actually night-time ones which aren't very pleasant.

I've tried one of those daylights, and they do seem to help, particularly when the days get very short as they are at the moment (mental note to self: get it out of the cupboard later!).

I have just found somewhere that is selling them quite cheaply, so I'll post this in another thread.

Chris2000
29-11-10, 10:02
I'm starting to think maybe I suffer SAD myself, am just annoyed that the meds just seem to have almost quit on me in the last week!! I may have to invest in a light, I'm practically shining my work lamp in my face as we speak, not that itl help.

Dragonsblonde
29-11-10, 12:14
My blip started last monday and fingers crossed I think I am starting to come out of it again now. Really took some effort from me to not worry about it or put any effort into fighting it though! Bizarre isn't it. A full day yesterday just sitting and chatting to my niece about her life, job, boyfriend etc seemed to really help take myself out of my life. Just try to carry on and let it be and let it pass

Chris2000
29-11-10, 12:59
I'm finding it really hard today holding back the tears and the memories of the disturbing thoughts I had are making me feel like there coming back! I really don't want this all over again, I almost lost all I had last winter because of how bad I was.