PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawal?Discontinuation?Just Plain Anxiety?

ickgirl38
27-11-10, 16:24
Hello, I haven't been on this website in a few years and I really wasn't an active member I always felt better when I came on and read everyone else's posts. It makes me feel better to read things that seem like I am reading my own life. Others seem to be coping so it helps to hear your stories. I am having a really really hard time lately. I have been suffering anxiety, panic attacks, hypochondria like health issues for about 10 years, I have tried numerous meds, I was on Celexa the longest (7 years) then about 2 months ago after meeting with my Dr. she put me on Effexor. I felt the Celexa was no longer helping me. The first month on the Effexor was actually pretty good. The next month sucked. Major night sweats, headache, anxiety, stomach issues etc., chest tightness fear of life threatening diseases. So I decided the E wasn't for me. She put me on a taper down and I have been 19 days E free. Has been awful. I feel so helpless right now. I just wish I knew how long this would last. I am constantly feeling like I am going to die of a heart attack, my stomach is topsy turvy all day every day, I am scared of everything. I am managing to continue working and being a wife and mom but feel I am failing. I am terribly weepy, cold chills, so many crappy symptoms. I've pulled out all my panic and anxiety books, I am back to seeing a counselor, awaiting a psychiatrist appt., I really dont' want to go back on any meds till I am free of the ones I was on but I have had to take an alpralozam a few nights because my insomnia is so bad. I guess I was looking for some more good advice seems I have tried alot, I am exercising again and pushing myself but inside I am suffering I think I am going to explode some days! I try not to get down on myself but I realize I am really down right now. Anyone have any experience with how long it will take before the meds clear a system?

nomorepanic
27-11-10, 16:25
Hi ickgirl38

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

recoil
27-11-10, 16:54
hi and :welcome: to nmp

Vanilla Sky
27-11-10, 19:55
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x