PDA

View Full Version : inspirations

westofengland
27-11-10, 17:33
Been having a very bad time with HA recently but am slowly beginning to realise it's more to do with stress, low self esteem and upbringing than some huge risk of actually getting ill

Some people who inspire me are -
My colleague Sophie who got melanoma (skin cancer) in her 20s, but has got through it and never complains or lets anxiety about it coming back get in the way of her life. She's just had her first child, I am so glad for her

Susan Jeffers, who wrote Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway and Embracing Uncertainty (both good books you can buy off Amazon). Again, she's in remission from breast cancer, but is this amazing self-help writer

Lance Armstrong, John Hartson, etc etc

So my point is, if people who've HAD cancer - and face the possibility that it COULD return one day - can get through life staying positive, so can we.

I'll bet that most of the people on this forum who are fretting about cancer have never had it before, it's more to do with the fear of it than any actual experience of it. Or, as with my case, seeing a loved one get it

FEAR is the real issue here and living with uncertainty. And knowing that even if the worst happens, we can cope.

And not turning it into a hobby or your whole life. There are some people on this forum who list all the meds they are on in their signature (bit at the end). And by meds I mean stuff like Omega 3 fish oil rather anything to treat an actual physical disease (apologies to anyone who is actually on meds for a physical illness)

It's like people on a classic car forum telling everyone what cars they drive. It's like a sick hobby that gives people an excuse for opting out of life
(I know, I am here writing this when I should be getting tea ready for the kids)

gaaron
27-11-10, 18:05
:)