PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like this is me

mr badger
28-11-10, 11:25
I've just found the forum and very glad I did. I've been wondering for a while if anxiety is the root and it certainly seems to be the case.

I've suffered with depression since I was about 6 years old (almost 50 now) but have recently seen the root of this as anxiety. Like many I have symptoms that focus around constant recurring negative thoughts. Kind of a relief, if you know what I mean. I've always functioned in public

At the moment, this is almost unbearable. We've got money concerns, I've got work worries, a very poorly brother and have recently lost my dear cat (probably my best support to be honest). To cap it all, just been in and out of hospital with kidney stones.

The biggest worry though is my ability to cope. I've already picked up some useful info and encouragement here this morning. Perhaps, just perhaps, I can finally find some peace and help a few others on the way.

So, time to deal with things.

gaaron
28-11-10, 11:46
Hello again,
I've just found out it's anxiety at the root of 'ongoing depression' aswell. To be honest I didn't know what anxiety was - as it has always been there (even as a child) so I thought it was normal to feel the way I did. Albeit I've always felt unconnected on a 'personal' level.
You will cope. Try to deal with one little thing at a time. Hey and don't beat yourself up, we are allowed to feel vulnerable at times.
Functioning in public is the easy part - I know! I am glad you're finding support in its many guises within the site.

take care x