PDA

View Full Version : too much awareness?

ems43
28-11-10, 11:37
Can anyone relate to this, when my anxiety is really high, as it seems to be all the time at the moment, I feel like I am super aware of my surroundings. Like I can't just focus on one thing, so I am typing on the computer and am really aware of all other objects around me. Can anyone relate/ explain this? xx

gaaron
28-11-10, 11:54
hi,
I certainly can't focus on one thing properly, that's why I'm aware of my surroundings. It's definitely anxiety related, overtiredness etc...:)
If I was to feel 'normal' then I would be able to focus on one thing and my surroundings would be less obvious. x

mr badger
28-11-10, 12:04
Can anyone relate to this, when my anxiety is really high, as it seems to be all the time at the moment, I feel like I am super aware of my surroundings. Like I can't just focus on one thing, so I am typing on the computer and am really aware of all other objects around me. Can anyone relate/ explain this? xx

It's a natural fear response. Imagine you're in the middle of a jungle and you hear a snap. You'd be VERY aware.

This response is just in the wrong place because you're anxious.

teez
28-11-10, 19:00
yup i understand this totally,,even watching the telly,,i have to be doing something else as well ,,if not i become really anxious,,it just feels like i need to be doing two things at once all the time,,and its worse when im out,,im constantly looking all round like im scanning