PDA

View Full Version : Chest pains again :(

punkprincess19
28-11-10, 21:17
I'm having chest pains again that are worrying me. I'd been having chest pains for a couple months which was always on the left side just under my breast. I had an ECG at the beginning of September which was normal. No other tests done. I was also having trouble with my breathing whereby sometimes it felt as if I'd been winded and couldn't physically take a breath in for a second.

A week and a half ago though (Wednesday before last) I started having tightness in the centre of my chest and sharp pains on the right side near the top. The pain on the left side has pretty much gone. I've also been having what feels like a twitching in the centre of my chest. I still get the winded feeling a lot. The doctor has said it's just anxiety as my blood pressure is ok but I'm not feeling convinced as I get the pains even when I'm relaxed or busy doing something. It's got me feeling really scared and worried that it's my heart and is bringing on anxiety attacks everyday. It's really getting me down and I'm feeling extremely close to the edge! I want to ask my doctor for tests but I just know he'll tell me I don't need any tests and it's just anxiety. I've tried seeing a different doctor at the surgery and they said I would have to ask my usual doctor.

Does anyone also get these symptoms?

paula lynne
28-11-10, 21:21
Hiya, Ive been troubled by the sharp pain under left breast, then a shooting pain that goes to the right side, near the top like you describe. Its not happened for 2 days now thank God, so Im putting it down to me being very stressed at the moment x
I hope you feel better soon. Some helpful person here (maybe Baileys?) said hug a hot water bottle, it really helped me, maybe you could try that x

honeyp1e
28-11-10, 22:00
i have been having the same pains all day from just under my boobs upwards very sharpe pains ive also lost my appetite sue to my anxiety so i no mine can be hunger pains as i am hungry but these pains also feel like very tight pains and i no they can be anxiety x

ann88
28-11-10, 23:26
I've had these pains. A while ago i was experiencing a burning pain under my left breast, which my GP told me was a trapped nerve although looking back i now wonder if it was some kind of acid reflux.

For the past couple of weeks i have been getting a tight pain in the centre of my chest, which comes on at totally random times, yesterday it was there when i woke up, it can happen when I'm watching telly, doing housework, anything. I've also been getting these kind of sharp twinges in my left chest, they literally last a second but they have been really freaking me out. Yesterday I was just sat playing piano and suddenly felt this twinge, like a sharpish pain, it felt like it was right in my heart. It happened about 4 or 5 times over about 10 minutes or so. It kind of took my breath away but i wasnt breathless as such, if that makes sense! That together with these throbbing/aching feelings in my left elbow and the pains in my jaw are convincing me that it must be something sinister.

I wish I could take my own advice but if this helps, i saw a cardiologist a couple of years ago and i remember him telling me that you don't get sharp pains with your heart, and my GP also told me that if you are having chest pains that happen at random times as opposed to during exercise, that's also a pretty good sign that it's anxiety and not a heart problem.

nomorepanic
28-11-10, 23:30
Chest pains by the heart are not actually heart attack related and probably muscular.

The pain in the centre could be muscular too or could be acid indigestion/reflux.

ann88
29-11-10, 00:06
Thanks for that Nicola, it's reassuring. :)

pinkypinkuk
29-11-10, 00:14
hi, i have the same pain i went to the doctor he said to me cos of the cold weather my musles are tighting up making me have pains, he said to to move my arms in towards my chest then scratch them right out a to do this 10 mins a every couple of hours to lose the musles that and hot water bottle and painkillers have really helped me

punkprincess19
29-11-10, 01:22
Hi everyone, thank you so much for your replies. I'm feeling quite reassured :) I'm still having trouble breathing which is really worrying me. I guess that if my chest muscles are tense then it probably has something to do with that.

ann88 - your symtpoms are exactly the same as mine so you've definitely made me feel reassured!

Think I'll give the hot water bottle a go and also do some stretching.

Thanks everyone x