PDA

View Full Version : New here - but need to change

Rubyelizabeth
28-11-10, 22:16
I have had panic attacks and anxiety attacks on and off for nearly 10 years but recently (the last 4 months)they have reached all time an almost constant state. I have tried beta blockers and Valium - but the beta blockers were not helpful. I resort to the Valium when I have to. The attacks render me incapable of functioning and exhausted afterwards. The worst one lasted 10 days in total. I am in danger of destroying all my relationships and am bored with the sound of my own voice on the subject. I want to go back to being the fun interesting attractive person I can be. A friend recently told me to go out and do some shopping to take my children into London - when they take hold I can barely get out of bed let alone get on a train. I am sure there is some help out there. ...

nomorepanic
28-11-10, 22:18
Hi Rubyelizabeth

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

gaaron
28-11-10, 22:20
Hi :welcome::flowers:

paula lynne
28-11-10, 22:24
Hiya, its nice to meet you. Ive had anxiety and panic for ten years too, and agoraphobia soon followed, although since I joined here a few monthes ago, everyone has really motivated me to get out etc. Youre not alone, I understand, and its so hard with children too.
Maybe you could consider seeing your gp a:welcome:gain, there are other types of meds you could try, and obviously diazepam is not something you can rely upon. I hope you feel better soon, x

agnes
28-11-10, 22:32
Welcome rubyelizabeth, I'm sure you'll find some really useful information on here, as well as lots of support. It is difficult when panic attacks take hold; have you read any Claire Weekes' books? She wrote the original anxiety self help books and they are really good, though the titles are rather old fashioned!!

Thinking of you....:hugs:

PinkyPunx
29-11-10, 00:26
Hello and wleocme :D xx

Veronica H
29-11-10, 00:50
:welcome:to NMP. This is a friendly site with good information and support.

Veronicax

Rubyelizabeth
29-11-10, 07:54
Thank you everyone - although I wouldn't wish this on anyone - it is reassuring not to feel so alone. I have been to GP and am on waiting list for CBT and have first phone consultation on tuesday 7th. Was relatively calm last night woke up with start of attack