PDA

View Full Version : Lumps in thighs, any ideas?

Aussie11
28-11-10, 22:33
Hi, a couple of months ago I noticed lumps in the back of my thighs just above my knees. There's quite a few of them, but some bigger than others. You can't see them, can just feel them. Some of the lumps now seem to be about 2 cm long, about the size and feel of kidney beans under the skin. They have become more noticeable when I feel the back of my leg, can feel them more when I'm standing up.

I have had a few different doctors feel them as I was worried they are lymph nodes. However I've had a couple of doctors say they are not lymph nodes, and a couple of others say they probably are but don't feel like anything to worry about. The last doctor I saw said they were nothing to worry about but that I could get an ultrasound to see what they are.

Has anyone had this issue? I can't understand why the doctors can't agree whether they're lymph nodes or not. I also can't understand why, if they are lymph nodes, that the doctors don't seem to be fussed about them when they seem about 2 cm in size. I'm petrified that it's lymphoma, but a couple of doctors have laughed at me for saying that, and have reiterated to me that my blood tests are all coming back fine all the time and the lumps don't feel sinister. I have now lost 4 kgs in 2 months and don't seem to be aborbing anything I do eat. Maybe this bit is just stress of constantly worrying about my health. I just want to know what these lumps are!

crazyhayz
28-11-10, 23:51
Im in the same situation, i have about 4 in neck and 5 in groin area... they arent going away, been there for about 9 or so weeks now.. doctors almost laugh when i tell them im worried its lymphoma, and reassured me that my blood tests would show something...but im not convinced :( The ones in my groin are getting harder, they feel almost solid, neck ones are squishy and about 1cm-1.5cm.

I went to A&E and they did an ultrasound there and then (i was in bit of tummy pain and mentioned them, so they fort it was best). it proved they were just lymph nodes, but to wait until they go down as my bloods were normal, but they still havent and that was 9 weeks ago :( the consultant they came round said if it was lymphoma i would 'know about it pretty soon' and 'theyd get bigger very quickly', but ive read of a slow form of it :( stupid google...

Im trying to think its not lymphoma but i cant help it... i have a compulsive urge to stretch my shoulders and neck and arms, along with aches n pains in joints n weakness feelings in armsand hands, i keep thinking its all related and ive got some serious undetectable cancer or neurological infection...

just so u know your not alone... im going to my doctor tomorrow or tuesday to get an examination of the nodes again as they i do honestly think they have got harder, which ive read isnt a good sign! :(

the lumps behind knee do sound like nodes, i cant feel any behind my knees at the moment, ive looked up where nodes often enlarge and i cant feel any anywhere apart from neck and groin area... i would just ask for another FBC (FULL BLOOD COUNT) and a specific blood test that looks at lymphoma (ive had it, camer back normal, but still not convinced lol) its called LDH. ask your doc. good luck :)

Anxious_gal
29-11-10, 00:13
never had that but an ultra sound would be great to see what they are :-)