PDA

View Full Version : Blip or doseage increase ?

sprigofmint
29-11-10, 06:22
Hi everyone,

I,ve been on Cit for almost 3 months, started on 20mg but went to see my doc 3 weeks ago and he put me up to 30mg as I am still having pretty panicky mornings. At first I didnt really notice any change but for the last week I have had the old anxiety back in full swing, it does fade later in the day but I,m not sure if its the increased dose or a blip !

I dont respond very quickly to meds and it took 6 to 8 weeks to notice a real improvement when I first started Cit.

Just feeling a bit unsure, I,m due at the docs this week for my next prescription do I go up to 40mg or wait a bit longer ?

Hope you are all doing ok

Love Christine xx

Dragonsblonde
29-11-10, 13:21
Hey, I was the same last week. Entered a blip on monday and have a docs appointment this Thursday. My initial reaction was to up the meds, but the blip seems to be easing again.

Any increase usually takes the same amount of time to start working properly as the initial does and you say that was 6 to 8 weeks for you, so maybe think about giving it some time to settle in first as too much of the drug isn't good for you either.

Chat over things with your doctor, but keep trying some relaxation etc to get you over the initial settling in period and you will beat it xx

sprigofmint
29-11-10, 16:12
Hi Dragonsblonde,

Thanks so much for your message its really appreciated. I,m going to tell the doc I want to stay on 30mg for a bit longer hopefully it will help eventually.
I,ve had a blip before so I know I,ll get over it.

Take care

Love Christine xx

sprigofmint
01-12-10, 06:51
This blip has really taken hold of me and I,m feeling really scared, I,ve had one before and I know they pass but when you,re in the middle of one the doubts start to creep in.
I,m waking at 1.30 and 4..30 every morning feeling very panicky. My hubby is still asleep (lucky beggar) and I,m sitting in the living room on a dark winter morning feeling very alone.
Sorry guys just having a bit of a dip I guess but at least I know you,ll all understand.x

Love Christine xx

Dragonsblonde
01-12-10, 11:04
I used to wake up at those exact same times pretty much! I also used to get out of bed and hug myself in the dark but it is the wrong thing to do I learn't

I now have my i-pod by the side of my bed and if I wake up I just plug in to either a meditation track or something soothing/funny. A friend of my tunes into the World Service on the radio. I sometimes just focus on my husband all tucked up and warm and rather than envy him, just take in all the things I love about him and he loves about me and I find that is a very positive thing

Hang in there hon, the way out is just round the corner xx

sprigofmint
01-12-10, 11:14
You are better than any meds ,the thoughts about my hubby made me feel all warm and huggy, and what a great idea about the i-pod , must download something happy and soothing , or I could hug my St Bernard who is snoring softly by the bed ! Bless lol.

Thank goodness for people like you, I know you,ve just had a blip and I can,t thank you enough for sending me positve thoughts.

Thanks sweetheart

Love Christine xxx

Dragonsblonde
01-12-10, 22:14
Hey Christine

Just glad I could help in any way I can. Have found on here and chatting to others some of the best tips that I use to help myself and it is only right that I back others up when they are in a dip. Will be hugging hubs tonight as the snow falls here lol

Oh and am jealous about the puppy hugging!

xxxxxx