PDA

View Full Version : Sweating and missed period

heavenly
29-11-10, 09:38
Hey guys, day 32 of Citalopram. First 2 weeks on Cit, sweating, anxiety, lack of appetite and waking mega early were the side effects. The past 2 weeks everything has settled down and I have felt ok, not bad at all.

Last couple of nights, the sweating is back, I wake up middle of the night covered in sweat, I am getting back to sleep but its not pleasant being covered in sweat. :ohmy: This in turn is now making me feel anxious as it is bringing back memories of the first 2 weeks on Cit. My period is also late, I think I am skipping one, and I never skip them.

Will the sweating and the irregular periods settle down with time? Just need to put my mind at rest.

suzy-sue
29-11-10, 09:52
All the anxiety of the past month has wreaked havoc with your hormones Heavenly .Your system will settle down when you arent anxious anymore .It is a side effect of Cit to have probs with periods in the early stages .It will settle eventually .Im so pleased to hear you have been doing well otherwise .Evening primrose oil and b6 complex will help to regulate hormone levels and the nervous system .Hope everything gets back to normal soon .Take care luv Sue x

heavenly
29-11-10, 10:16
Thank you Sue, I like to understand what is happening to my body so that makes me feel a little better. I am taking 50mg of Vit B Complex but will get some Evening Primrose oil as well to take. Thank you. :hugs:

heavenly
30-11-10, 09:06
Started taking the Evening Primrose Oil yesterday. I did wake up really sweaty again this morning and felt anxious before I dropped off. I have to work on myself, I have had 2 really decent weeks, so I have to focus on the positive and tell myself this side effect will go, like it did before.

Dragonsblonde
30-11-10, 09:14
Funnily enough I picked up some Primrose Oil yesterday, but for some reason can't bring myself to take it lol

I take the Cit and Vit B, but always have a bit of a block on taking something new in case it makes my Hormone's worse! Bonkers me

heavenly
30-11-10, 10:47
Funnily enough I picked up some Primrose Oil yesterday, but for some reason can't bring myself to take it lol

I take the Cit and Vit B, but always have a bit of a block on taking something new in case it makes my Hormone's worse! Bonkers me

I know what you mean. It took me a little while to start taking stuff. I am taking B Complex, C, D, Omega 3 Fish Oils, Inositol and now Evening Primrose Oil! I am sure I rattle when I walk. lol

suzy-sue
30-11-10, 10:54
You dont get any side effects from evening primrose oil .It makes your skin nice as well as helping with the other stuff .You need to take it 3 times a day ,It takes a while to kick in but I found it helps . sue x

heavenly
30-11-10, 10:55
You dont get any side effects from evening primrose oil .It makes your skin nice as well as helping with the other stuff .You need to take it 3 times a day ,It takes a while to kick in but I found it helps . sue x

I have 1000mg and it says once a day. Do you think I need to up the dosage?

suzy-sue
30-11-10, 12:09
I take 1500 a day .You can buy 500mg capsules take one of them at breakfast .I was told by a consultant to take that ammount he said 1000mg isnt enough in most cases .You can take more .But I found that dose helped .Sue x

heavenly
30-11-10, 14:05
Thanks Suzy Sue. xx It feels really weird being so hot at night when I still have my summer tog duvet on, I daren't put the winter tog on at the mo! Will have to wait til the sweating subsides.

Dragonsblonde
30-11-10, 15:36
I think my problem comes from Google lol. I got so used to double checking meds when I went onto CIT to make sure I could take them I now tend to google everything and of course everything lists side effects!

I used to just swallow anything and not even think about it, but will start on them when I get home tonight. I had an issue last week when I got caught being really hot in bed again, but then realised that it was just that I have the heating on again and the windows closed.....Cracked the windows open a little and I am now fine again

heavenly
01-12-10, 10:11
I think my problem comes from Google lol. I got so used to double checking meds when I went onto CIT to make sure I could take them I now tend to google everything and of course everything lists side effects!

I used to just swallow anything and not even think about it, but will start on them when I get home tonight. I had an issue last week when I got caught being really hot in bed again, but then realised that it was just that I have the heating on again and the windows closed.....Cracked the windows open a little and I am now fine again

Yes, Google is not always your friend. lol I steer clear now as at the beginning, when I first got these episodes (about 3 1/2 months ago), I was reading everything and it just made me feel worse, I think too much info actually feeds the anxiety.

I only have the summer duvet on and the heating isn't on overnight but I am still waking up sweating. Just have to put up with it for the mo!

suzy-sue
01-12-10, 11:53
Try some thyme tea ,it works for menopausal hot flushes so worth a try .It could have something to do with the Citalopram as well As hot flushes can be a side effect .But it does get better eventually Heavenly .Gives you glimpse of whats to come later in life if nothing else :lac:..oh to be a woman :D...T/Csue xx

heavenly
01-12-10, 13:25
Try some thyme tea ,it works for menopausal hot flushes so worth a try .It could have something to do with the Citalopram as well As hot flushes can be a side effect .But it does get better eventually Heavenly .Gives you glimpse of whats to come later in life if nothing else :lac:..oh to be a woman :D...T/Csue xx

I must admit, I did start to think it was an early menopause at first, the anxiety talking as usual! :ohmy::D

heavenly
04-12-10, 09:23
Period arrived 9 days late and is really heavy, which is unusual. Might get some iron tablets, doc did tell me I was slightly anaemic when I first started getting the anxiety episodes. Sweating isn't as bad, I am getting used to it now.