PDA

View Full Version : Snow, dragging suitcase up a hill and ending up with chest pain :(

daisycake
29-11-10, 13:12
I was sitting just now and could feel my pulse in my finger as I was reading what was on the PC but it felt really irregular - sort of two beats, pause, one beat, pause, three beats, pause.. I don't know if that's my imagination? i couldn't feel it strongly. My gp taught me how to feel it properly last week but I'm too scared to do it as I'll feel one pause and panic! I was dragging my suitcase up a hill through a blind blizzard earlier and naturally ended up with a sore chesrt, can being out of breath hurt your chest? it felt like right in the centre, on the inside of my throat sort of, and I could feel my heart pounding and thats when it hurt - happens a lot when I'm running? I'm not very fit! GP was meant to be giving me a ring tonight over a scan I have on friday - but we have fifteen inches of snow, blind blizzards and thunder and lightning - on phoning the surgery this morning the receptionist said she was doubtful if my GP would make it in as she lives in the countryside with two school age kids! Aaaaargh :wacko: maybe she will phone from her house instead? So stressed haha..

mick_uk
29-11-10, 13:34
Daisycake, I wouldn't bother taking you pulse. It's not necessary and might freak you out if it feels wrong. Our pulse is going up and down all day, it's very rarely the same beat. As for your chest hurting when you was out in the snow, it was almost certainly the cold causing it. You say you're not very fit, that would explain it too. If you get yourself fitter then you will see how much your breathing improves. I'm sure your doc will get a message through to you about the scan somehow :D

take care

mick

Tinker28
29-11-10, 13:52
I know how u feel Daistcake, I went for a walk a while ago just a walk and when came back home i had chest pains and then started freaken out then when I stopped to think it's probably aniexty. then it went away. I to am not fit myself which didn't help. Hope you feel better soon!! :hugs: