PDA

View Full Version : This has probably been answered loads of times but...

fairyclairy
29-11-10, 16:44
can panic attacks come COMPLETELY out of the blue??

I know myself deep down that they can - iv had panic attacks for the 11 years now, i feel like an expert on them but i just need the reassurance i guess.

I 'came on' yesterday morning and my attacks are always worst during that time (have no idea why?!) so i was feeling stressed all day and the days leading up to it.... but at the time the attack hit i didnt feel stressed at all!
I was just sitting on my bed on my laptop and bang... suddenly felt like i was going to pass out, i swayed abit an then my heart starting beating uncontrollably... i know all the symtoms after the initial rush was a panic attack and i got so worked up... but was the start a panic attack? Can it really just hit you like that? Or was it something else..... i have a phobia of passing out so im worried incase iv got low blood sugar or something which might mean i could pass out :scared15:

Im just wondering if anyone can reassure me on this? Because i keep feeling abit 'off' and like a rush of adrenaline rushes through me all of sudden and i just want it to stop.... i have training tomorrow with work which is about an hours drive away and im there all day and im terrified incase this happens there or i pass out or get ill!!

Also, does anyone else (ladies obv) get worse around the time theyre due on and on their period?? Iv felt really bad with this one... low moods, stressed, anxious etc

Thank you in advance xx

charlie1986
29-11-10, 17:39
ive felt like that soooooooooooo many times,wen suddenley ive just had a panic attack,had one in middle of a supermarket once,had to leave my shopping and everything.ive suffered from panic attacks for years,they wer under control for a while as i was on meds but i had the odd one now and again and it just happened,sometimes with or without warning,sometimes id get a tight stomach and i knew that was the beginning of one,or sometimes id get this feeling of dread sweeping over my body...then bang! and yes,i was worse with panic attacks around my periods.hope this helps:hugs:

ann01
29-11-10, 17:40
Oh my goodness yes my anxiety and panics are so much worse at the time of month, I am a wreck for the week leading upto and the first few days into my cycle. It's awful I have sudden rushes if panic, can't relax my whole body gets painful with tension. I get the feeling of passing out a lot and have done for a long time but it still frightens the life out of me. Your certainly not alone there.
Ann

fairyclairy
29-11-10, 20:30
Thank you for your replies, really appreciate it!

It has helped alot xx

Its so annoying that they get worse around our cycle because its just something to dread each month.... i was in an awful mood yesterday, couldnt stop crying, felt so low, agitated, snapping at my family and i knew it was because of my period :mad: silly things...

Iv made myself go out today and to my slimming world group tonight and il go to the training tomorrow and just hope for the best... il keep in my head that im not alone with my symptoms and it is just panic and hopefully il be ok :)

I hate the fact they can come out the blue... i hate them even if i have a warning but hitting me out the blue makes it a thousand times more scarier :weep:

Hope everyone is ok xx

fairyclairy
30-11-10, 14:00
It happened again in Sainsburys this morning... was completely fine and then bang, suddenly felt like i was going to pass out and then an enormous wave of panic hit me.. i was terrified, i have such a phobia of fainting and the faint/weak feeling is my main symptom at the moment with panic and its so scary!!

I have just made a doctors app (not for panic, to get more of my contraceptive pill) but its with a doctor i dont like... for the past 11 years, all hes wanted to do is fill me with pills and iv refused because i have a vomit phobia and couldnt handle the side effects and iv always felt hes looked down at me and wont listen when i say im struggling because he has that 'i told you, you should have gone on medication' look on his face..... im dreading it, and to make matters worse im dreading having a panic attack there! :weep: Not a happy bunny today..

But on the up note, i read a thread on here earlier about someone else suffering from these sudden hits of panic that come from nowhere and everyone who replied sounded just like me, so thats made me feel alittle better - i love this site! xx

Anxious_gal
30-11-10, 16:33
hmm well it could be you got dizzy or light headed for no reason and then panicked,
normally there is something small that sets them off, like feeling a bit out of breath, tight chested, suddenly nausea or dizzy.
I think that if you were already relaxed no anxious thought that maybe the light headed feeling set of the anxiety.
also if your coming up to a period the hormone changes can cause panic attacks