PDA

View Full Version : Would someone pleaseee help me - cant take anymore

LittleFairy
29-11-10, 17:02
Hi, Im 19 weeks pregnant and i have been suffering with anxiety for just over 3 years now.

I worry extremely about being sick and having diahhrea, so when i know theres a stomach bug going around i will avoid seeing people or eating out and i will do everything i can to try and stop myself catching it. Every day im paniking about it and if i feel nauseas (which i normally do cause the anxiety makes me feel this way) i go into a panic attack and cant calm down, cause im terrified that i will be sick or have diaareah.
Its really really hard and i think it has got worse since my pregnancy.

I also suffer with really nasty, horrible thoughts about the people i love the most and am closest too. The thoughts are like about me hurting someone i love and stuff like that. It depresses me so much and no matter what i do i cannot make these horrible obssesive thoughts go away.

I also worry about people in my family becoming seriously ill or dying. I just want to be normal now, i have put up with this for so long and i cant cope with it anymore. Im only 19 so it all started when i was 16/17.

At the moment the thing that is the worst is the worrying about sickness and diarrhea, i refuse to go to the toilet in case i have diarrhea. My phobia is so bad and i just dont know what i can do to help myself anymore.

Advice anyone? x

ginny
29-11-10, 17:15
Poor you -- Every body needs to relax regularly, to feel supported and secure. But when you are pregnant these needs take extra priority because when you are happier your baby is happier and may also be healthier. Take time to talk with people you feel safe with and make relaxation and rest an important part of your day. Every time you relax deeply your immune system works more powerfully and your heart and lungs have a healthy rest. Regular deep hypnotic relaxation can have a wonderful impact on your baby in the womb so try some hypnosis with a good hypnotherapist. Your GP can help you find one.
Regular and wonderfully deep relaxation whilst you are pregnant will free your body and mind to use available energy for restorative functions. When you relax your baby will relax. Relaxation can actually enhance the functioning of your body and mind.
Some people ease their anxiety physically, either with exercise such as swimming, which is very good in pregnancy, or through a gentle approach like yoga which is also very good in pregnancy. When you're more relaxed these horrid feelings will go away. It's natural to feel more worried during pregnancy because you will soon be responsible for another little person. Try and get into a regular pattern with your bowel habits too. Depriving yourself of normal bowel function will result in constipation -- not good for you or your baby - and it's really imoprtant that you get this under control. You could ask a hypnotherapist to help you with this as well as your anxiety. Most importantly try and enjoy this time and nourish your precious little bundle.

ginny
29-11-10, 17:22
Ps; you might find this site helpful: www.depressioncanbefun.co.uk (http://www.depressioncanbefun.co.uk)

shaz14
29-11-10, 19:36
Hi
I suffered terribly with anxiety when I was pregnant. One thing that helped me through was seeing a counsellor at the hospital where I had my ante-natal appts. When you have your 20 week scan perhaps mention to the doctor there that you need urgent additional help to deal with your anxieties so that you and baby remain healthy.

LittleFairy
29-11-10, 21:32
Thanks both.

I went on that link you gave me and took a depression quiz which came out 126/200, the result said to speak to a doctor asap which did do last week, she just said she will pass my details onto these counselling people who will give me a call and help me from here - havent heard anything back yet though. I dont feel that depressed but i guess its just the anxiety causing it.

shaz14
29-11-10, 21:48
I wasn't depressed either, it was definately anxiety for me. One anxiety I had was with eating certain foods. I was worried I would get food poisoning which would harm me or the baby so I started obsessing over everything I ate. The trouble is I never really dealt with this then and I still struggle with it a year later. So I would definately advise you to ask for and push for as much help as you can get now because you won't have time to deal with you when baby comes along!