PDA

View Full Version : Women's issue...painful lump :(

MoonlightFire
29-11-10, 18:01
Hi guys,

I've been doing pretty well recently but have been a little anxious over the last few days :( Last night when I was getting ready for bed I noticed a sore lump on one of the lips of my vagina. I had a look and there's a red swelling...probably the size of a couple of peas. Today it is the same but it looks like there may be a little head forming. I have had sore spots here once or twice in the past but this one feels a bit bigger :( Has anyone else had this? Is is a boil of some kind do you think?

I have had the same boyfriend for nearly 2 years and have not had anything nasty in that region before apart from the very occassional episode of thrush.

Moonlight Xx

SH2727
29-11-10, 18:05
Hi Moonlight,

Sounds like it could be an ingrowing hair. Try and warm bath, to see if the hair comes out. I wouldn't worry as the bump has a head and will probably go down very soon.

Take care.

SH2727

MoonlightFire
29-11-10, 18:18
Yes it does look like there is a whiter area on the spot and a little piece of dry skin came off it earlier (sorry, that's gross hehe). I will bathe it tonight when I get home and see if that soothes it a little. Thanks SH2727. It is certainly in an area where there is hair growth so an ingrowing hair sounds like a possibility.

M xxx

mandie
29-11-10, 18:29
Hi

I have one of these at the moment too. I have had them before, it is probably an ingrown hair. It should go down in a few days

mandie x

MoonlightFire
30-11-10, 19:33
Ive just had a bath and put a hot cloth on it to draw out the infection. It seemed to swell up a little more with the heat but it's not got any more painful. It looks like there is now a little dark reddish patch in the middle. Oo im not liking having swollen bits lol. Is yours any better Mandie?

Moonlight X

tricklesthegreek
30-11-10, 20:06
sounds like a regular spot to me. Just dont do what I did and squeeze it because b**ger me it hurts way more then! Could be a blind boil too, never nice when it's down there but don't worry about it. My doc always said if a lump is painful never worry about it!

MoonlightFire
30-11-10, 21:20
Thanks guys :) I think it's too big to be a spot but I guess it could be a boil. I'll see how it is tomorrow. It definitely hurts so I'll try not to worry about anything tumoury.

M xxx

mandie
30-11-10, 22:31
Ive just had a bath and put a hot cloth on it to draw out the infection. It seemed to swell up a little more with the heat but it's not got any more painful. It looks like there is now a little dark reddish patch in the middle. Oo im not liking having swollen bits lol. Is yours any better Mandie?

Moonlight X

hi, no its not, its gone like a dark blood bister, it doesnt look big but it feels like it, feels funny when i walk lol. Its quite sore so im trying not to worry to much about it.

hope yours goes down tom

mandie x

paula lynne
30-11-10, 22:33
Sudocrem, cotton undies, and no soap in the area just cooled boiled water with a little salt will help xx

MoonlightFire
30-11-10, 22:49
Aww thanks Paula :) I've had a nice warm bath with baby bath. I don't have Sudocrem at the moment so used a little bit of savlon. I will try the salt :)

Mandie, yeah mine looks like it has a little dark blood blister type thing on it too :( I hope yours starts getting better soon. I can't bend down without mine hurting and my jeans are making matters worse.

M xxx

daisycake
30-11-10, 22:53
Same advice as above - I've had these for years and they can really get sore, mine went undiagnosed for a long time though!! Don't try to burst it or anything, only hurts more in the long run! GP said last week she has the same problem, but hers is the size of a golf ball :ohmy: she did say though she's had it for years and never done anything about it.. me personally if I had that I'd be straight to the doctor but each to their own!

I mean bursting by squeezing that is. I tried that and ended up not only with a swollen lump but a swollen everything, for two weeks!!

paula lynne
30-11-10, 22:54
Sorry to go on and sound like your mother, but jeans are the worst, can you wear leggings or a thick skirt for a day or two.?
Savlon is great too. x
2 tablespoons salt in a bath, or a quarter teaspoon in a bathroom sink of cooled boiled water and dab with flannel xx

paula lynne
30-11-10, 22:56
GOLFBALL Daisycake...wow...your gp too! Thats surprising isnt it! Ouch! x

daisycake
30-11-10, 23:00
Haha that's what I thought, to be honest I couldn't quite believe she was saying it, didn't know what to reply other than "ow!" .. she said she lives in fear of it becoming infected lol!

MoonlightFire
30-11-10, 23:02
Oh ow!!! I have had something similar to this once before I think but it was the size of a pea and came to a head quickly. This one is double the size at least and is being stubborn lol. Having one the size of a golf ball must be SO painful! I'd be down the hospital to get the damn thing drained!

Paula - thank you for the advice :) I have a skirt drying on the airer as we speak so I'll wear that tomorrow with some comfy tights. I think I'll get into my Pyjamas now.

Moonie xxx

mandie
30-11-10, 23:09
well iv been wearing jeans so doing myself no favours!

Golfball!!! UGGHHH i couldnt not of left that without seeing my gp!

mandie x

tricklesthegreek
01-12-10, 11:31
don't wear jeans...that will rub you big time! Jogging bottoms are far better when you have something like that. Seriously don't worry, I've had one about a couple of weeks in the past. It is literally a pain but it will go away of its own accord. If in any doubt then get the doc to have a quick look to put your mind at rest xx